Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/15/2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cockroach perched on the brick which Gabriel uses before he takes off with the twins. Is someone affiliated with cockroaches trailing him, or does it have something to do with him alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just an allusion to Mohinder calling him a cockroach in Season 1 plus it goes hand in hand with the fact that he's hard to kill (as seen by the cockroach on top of the manhole where Sylar escaped in the Season 1 finale).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sylar also faked his death in the primatech lab by mimicing a cockroach.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cockroach perched on the brick which Gabriel uses before he takes off with the twins. Is someone affiliated with cockroaches trailing him, or does it have something to do with him alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just an allusion to Mohinder calling him a cockroach in Season 1 plus it goes hand in hand with the fact that he's hard to kill (as seen by the cockroach on top of the manhole where Sylar escaped in the Season 1 finale).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is much more to it than that and I hope it gets explained soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heroes is not a show that makes subtle allusions like that. The roach isn't a metaphor imo, much more than that.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:56 PM

I was entirely prepared to give up on this show after this predictable craptacular episode. I think "I know you can heal... but I never want to see you hurt" is what did me in.

Then someone told me that Kristen Bell makes her first appearance next week, so I guess ill dload that one too.
Spoilerish (maybe was part of the next week preview, don't know): <font color="white">Apparently, she will be part of the Peter/Ireland stroyline</font>.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is much more to it than that and I hope it gets explained soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heroes is not a show that makes subtle allusions like that. The roach isn't a metaphor imo, much more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ subtle...
Old 10-16-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sylar also faked his death in the primatech lab by mimicing a cockroach.

[/ QUOTE ]

How'd he mimic a cockroach? Can cockroaches fake death?

And Mohinder said in a lecture that cockroaches are the pinnicle of evolution, and Sylar thinks he's the pinnicle as well.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1- [censored] you black girl, you're cute and interesting, but it's stupid to introduce new characters at this point when you can't fit all of the existing ones into a 60 minute show anyway. BAD IDEA.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is exactly what the show does need. new heroes discovering their powers is generally pretty cool. if that pushes aside boring storylines that we all complain about then im all for that - let Hiro chill for another week. it also can set up some interesting run-ins in future episodes between the new characters and older characters.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:22 PM

I wonder why they took out Hiro from the plot.

The plot between the cheerleader and the kid who can fly is incredibly missed. Sucks. Could have been much better.

Still watching though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] and Peter seems like the most interesting one at the moment.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:15 PM

Just like to echo the prevailing sentiment that this show is absolutely terrible, yet I'll keep on watching. This episode wasn't quite as bad as the first two.

I will say that I really enjoy the fact that Hayden is a badass. Even if I had the power of regeneration there is no way I'd deliberately kill myself.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 PM

The regeneration thing is kinda lame. She says she can still feel pain just like everyone else, but every time she gets hurt she is just acting like its a mild inconveniance.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:50 PM

This season they have made so many bad decisions on where to take the characters, but I still think this is a good show and this weeks was the best of the season because of the one excellent decision they made for season two...