FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with this [censored] 100% too.
here i have more detailed information about AP Cheating Scandal:

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=44393

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if that's more information or more a hypothetical outline of what might have happened.

Also, needs to be corrected:

"There is particular reason to begin on this day, but rather is just an arbitrary date that the rogue programmer decides to begin the operation."
Old 10-16-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, what? Now we have the evidence that proves cheating happened, yet we're ignorant to suspect other sites also? You're comming down on AP hard, yet you're quick to tell people they would be foolish to believe this might be happening elsewhere? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're not ignorant to be wary other sites. Any dilligent, reasonable, person, should be constantly considering the security of his/her money. That's fair, and it is actually an important process for anyone to protect their assets.

However, there is a leap between being careful, and believing that other sites are similarly rigged.

There is no evidence that other sites are rigged - so it is not reasonable to believe other sites are rigged.

Of course, if evidence of rigging arose, then you should believe other sites are rigged.

*throughout all my posts, when I refer to "other sites," I mean leading sites such as Stars, Party, and even FTP

[/ QUOTE ]

Josem, my point is this: Up until this AP story broke, I would never have thought that it was possible for someone to cheat in this way at an online site by having the ability to see everyone else's hole cards. Now based on what I have read here on 2+2 and other sites, I conclusively believe that players on AP have had the ability to view other people's hole cards. The fact that it has happened on one of the major sites logically means that it is "POSSIBLE" (please look up the definition of this word if you don't understand what it means) that this same sort of cheating has gone on or is going on at other sites.

Previously, anyone who asserted that people could cheat and see other people's hole cards in online poker rooms would be shouted down/laughed at/ridiculed. Well, now it has been proven that people can cheat and see other people's hole cards in one of the main online poker rooms serving the US market.

I understand why all you people who make a living off of internet poker are worried. I think you should be.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:20 PM

Absolute Poker remains a 100% secure place to play. We value all of our players and we will continue to provide our community with a safe, secure and exciting online poker experience.

[i]The Absolute Poker Management
Old 10-16-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker remains a 100% secure place to play. We value all of our players and we will continue to provide our community with a safe, secure and exciting online poker experience.

The Absolute Poker Management

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced.

kudos to BonusWhores for blacklisting them!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker\'s Official Response to \"superuser\" allegations

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suddenly U.S. regulation is sounding like not such a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a European, It never ceases to amaze me how some Americans tend to think everything on the whole world is subject to their regulation..

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously the regulations from Europe aren't getting the job done if this is happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that you're missing my point, right? The U.S. are a super-power but they're not all the world depends on. You CANNOT regulate something that is spread all over the globe and operates from locations such as Costa Rica.. some day Americans will have to realize this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're the one who is missing the point. The bulk of online poker players are Americans who choose to play at foreign sites despite the risks, and despite the roadblocks put up by the U.S. government, only because that's the only place to play online.

If the U.S. specifically legalizes online poker and starts regulating it they will regulate only U.S. sites. Guess where most of the play will go?

American fish will flock to U.S. sites, regulated by the U.S. government, where they can transfer money in and out directly from their bank, credit card, or any of many other safe and legal options that will suddenly become available.

American pros will follow them, as will pros worldwide. You, of course, can continue to play on rogue sites based in third-world countries, to protest the big bad U.S.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:18 PM

The funniest thing about these posts is some of the people here calling AP stupid when they're 50 times dumber. Sorry to some people here making some sense but some people in this post are just complete morons with no clue about anything. Listen morons, if it's proved, 95% of fish will quit playing online poker period. This is why most of the original high stakes players backed off. You guys, I assume (and probably incorrectly), make a living off poker. If you want to quit online and play live, great move. Otherwise, do you have any brains at all? And if you don't play for a living wtf do you know about poker?

The best could be done is get proof and use it to make AP pay back people who lost and to get the software tested properly now and in the future to prevent anything from happening again.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:08 PM

What are the chances that some other competing poker site set this up... just create this "pottipper" account, contact a few high stakes players, and pay them all a nice sum of cash to IM each other and play out hands that make it appear that there's a superuser on the loose?

Probably too much of a stretch but admittedly I know little about this ordeal, just throwing an idea out there.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:25 PM

That could backfire badly, why risk it? To many people, negative attention is better than no attention at all. Thus, AP is getting perhaps millions of dollars of free advertisement from this.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the chances that some other competing poker site set this up... just create this "pottipper" account, contact a few high stakes players, and pay them all a nice sum of cash to IM each other and play out hands that make it appear that there's a superuser on the loose?

Probably too much of a stretch but admittedly I know little about this ordeal, just throwing an idea out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
So basically what you are saying is that all people in the tourney knew about what was happening and were paid for it? (Otherwise POTRIPPER might be at a table with unknowing people)

LOL try again.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Update: the IP and email address of the superuser account was traced to one Scott Tom, CEO of Absolute poker.

See the latest in this thread.