Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Why is Vanessa Rousso famous?

I think she is cute.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think she is cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who think she's cute: 1
People who think she's not: 9.567.123
Old 10-18-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think she is cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who think she's cute: 2
People who think she's not: 9.567.123

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 04:18 PM

becuase shes good at poker - Vanessa rapes Clonie Gowen
Old 10-18-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that she is good at poker, but I don't agree that your example shows it. Vanessa made a rather loose call on the turn with only 8 outs (2 aces, 3 fives and 3 fours) to win, after the hand she said she thought that Clonie wasn't giving her credit for having an ace - clearly she had read the situation wrong. Vanessa just got lucky on the end when she paired her kicker. It should have occurred to Vanessa that Clonie could have had A9, A8, A7, A6 or A5 - in fact A5 would have fitted rather well with the action in the hand.

Of course Clonie also stuffed up terribly on that hand after Vanessa clearly said "I think I have to call" and Clonie thought that Vanessa had said "I call". When Clonie jumped the gun and stated "I have 2 pair" while almost flipping her hand over, imagine if Vanessa held AK or AQ or A9 - she would have folded instead of calling.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa made a rather aggressive call on the turn with only 8 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 PM

We have to give credit where credit is due, Vanessa has never really shown a meanstreak or signs of much arrogant behavior. She has handled herself well and appears to be a nice girl really.

In a thread full of Vanessa haters somebody had to say that.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that she is good at poker, but I don't agree that your example shows it. Vanessa made a rather loose call on the turn with only 8 outs (2 aces, 3 fives and 3 fours) to win, after the hand she said she thought that Clonie wasn't giving her credit for having an ace - clearly she had read the situation wrong. Vanessa just got lucky on the end when she paired her kicker. It should have occurred to Vanessa that Clonie could have had A9, A8, A7, A6 or A5 - in fact A5 would have fitted rather well with the action in the hand.

Of course Clonie also stuffed up terribly on that hand after Vanessa clearly said "I think I have to call" and Clonie thought that Vanessa had said "I call". When Clonie jumped the gun and stated "I have 2 pair" while almost flipping her hand over, imagine if Vanessa held AK or AQ or A9 - she would have folded instead of calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol i was kidding man
Old 10-19-2007, 04:29 AM

I <3 Clonie's reaction after that hand.

Vanessa looks good with glasses and a hat..
Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol i was kidding man

[/ QUOTE ]

are you nuts!?

VR leads the flop 1200 .. gowan just calls.

the turn gowan bets 2500... less than the pot. VR asks how much she has left after the bet. perhaps she thinks she's behind at this time... clonie didn't bet enough to get her to fold. she hits her kicker on the river and .. for some unknown reason asks how much it is to call. obviously this tells you that she wasn't certain she had CG beat... i agree that it was inappropriate to say "i think i have to call" then when clonie announces her hand she tells her that she didn't call yet. i've seen this situation arise before between two players that have 30+ years of experience between them.

in the end if you want to bring an example of bad play it should really be a better one than this.

of course the nits will say "that she even played A4 is evidence enough". i'll say to those idiots once again... real players play after the flop.