Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Playing pocket AA on a paired board

[ QUOTE ]
People love slowplaying a T on this board, fold to river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are getting 4 to 1 so we need to win 20% of the time and we seriously underreped our hand. I think the odds of this being 8x, JJ or a busted draw warrant a call. I mean this is not a T 100% of the time, I'm not sure if it's a T less than 80% of the time but I think it might be.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:48 PM

Make a standard raise PF
Don't pot it on a paired board. It narrows your opponents calling range. I like the turn check. Bet fold this river for around 2/3rds pot.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? For pot control? Trying to checkraise? Getting value from possible villain's weaker hands on the river? What range do you put him on? No draws in there?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? For pot control? Trying to checkraise? Getting value from possible villain's weaker hands on the river? What range do you put him on? No draws in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the hands we beat 22-99, 8x are probably folding to a turn bet. I think they're more likely to call a river bet if the turn checks through. He could have picked up some weird backdoor but I'm not really worried about that. I want to get value from small pairs, or 8x, and minimize the pot size in case he has a ten.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the hands we beat 22-99, 8x are probably folding to a turn bet. I think they're more likely to call a river bet if the turn checks through. He could have picked up some weird backdoor but I'm not really worried about that. I want to get value from small pairs, or 8x, and minimize the pot size in case he has a ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

the PPs we beat on the turn are 22-77 and I do not see them calling any bet on the river

so the only hand we are getting value from is 8x provided no overcard hits on the river. I think the odds of getting value from 8x now are about the same as the combined odds that a card lower than 8 comes and villain calls a bet on the river

So to me it seems like we are checking to get value from exactly 1 hand without significantly improving our chances to get called by it on the river and giving up on getting value from all the draws like J9, 78, 79, 77 and FDs
Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the PPs we beat on the turn are 22-77 and I do not see them calling any bet on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. Villain's love wantonly betting/calling rivers after the turn checks through esp. with tiny pairs. Even if an overcard falls.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:22 PM

The results:

I called the reraise and the villain held pocket tens. Lucky SOB flopped quads and was slowplaying after the flop.

In retrospect I'm guessing with pocket tens if I had been more agressive with my preflop raise he would have folded. Any agression after that would have been more money down the drain. But in hindsight were all brilliant!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM

This is a 6-max forum. You should have posted this in the Full Ring forum.

Never minraise with AA. I hope your intent wasn't to minraise AA hoping to keep people in the hand. That's just asking to lose money. You want to raise and get heads up with someone playing KK-99 who can't let it go unimproved, or a calling station who hit bottom pair or has a draw and takes it to the bank and misses.

As played, raise preflop to $1.00, bet 3/4 of the pot on the flop, and 2/3 of the pot on the turn. On the river I'd check/call or maybe even bet 1/2 the pot.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

oneeyejak:

I don't think villian has a hand like A10 or any 10 for that matter. I think if he did, he would have either raised the flop or bet the turn. The only way I can see him playing the way he did with a 10 is if he holds 10 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in awhile.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:34 AM

Excellent read indeed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And considering I gave zero statistics makes it even better.