Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 04:34 AM

Default 4-betting

Well, lately i have been taking a line of NEVER 4 betting preflop. unless i have a short stack thats different. i am talking about 100bb+

my thoughts are that anymore not many ppl pay of a 4 bet like in years past, so when i raise with aa to 4 and get raised to 16 or so i always call because i want them to cbet and make more money, where if they are 3 betting with aqos, they are going to auto muck 2 a 4bet

now for my problem, i read alot of posts that ppl are 4 betting hands like jj 1010 and things, i just always feel like i do it at the wrong times.
Example, i have 4 bet sometimes with qq and been stacked by aa, because by the time i 4bet i feel committed to the pot

do u 4 bet against really laggy players? obv
ever vs tags?
so a 40/30 lag reraises ur button raise, u hold 1010 u 4 bet, do u have to call the shove since uve committed 50bbs or so? or do u just let it go?

also, i play 100nl if that changes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: 4-betting

if you commit 50bbs out of your 100bb stack with TT you should be sticking the rest in b/c you can easily be up against AK. the reason to 4bet small (as opposed to push) is to get villain to shove with a weaker hand than he can call a 100bb shove with. once i 4bet, i am getting all in preflop >90% of the time, easily.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:43 AM

makes sense thats what i figured that if u commit that much u gotta come with the rest.
now is never 4 betting even with aa or kk a leak?
i understand i rare spot would be i raise utg to 4 utg+1 makes it 16 and gets called, if i have aa kk here i 4 bet because its a good pot already, but i also see that 1010 here could pull in alot of cash, but besides ultra rare spots is never 4 betting a big leak?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:52 AM

If you get deep, you may like to protect AA/KK by getting more money in pre, especially if you have trouble folding these post flop.