Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: NL200 - 88 as overpair in limped pot - line check

once you get to the flop, you played it fine. please do not open limp when you are first person into the pot at a 6 max nl table.

if you dont understand why open limping is bad here or in any other spot, there are some great posts in the Micro stakes stickies that explain some of these basic preflop concepts that are really well wrote.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:36 AM

this is usually when you have 3 55/4/.5's who:

a. won't fold to c-bets
b. will call regardless of pot size

although picking up blinds is great, it's usually not as +EV as just limping

also, if someone raises it's not the end of the world, you still get a pot built up for you
Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM

"No. I don't think openlimping in 6-max is ever advisable, except in some really rare extreme circumstances"

Then why may I ask did you open limp?

Grando has touched on some of the reasons limping may be good. Understanding your surroundings and adjusting to them is of utmost importance. If you rule out any phase of the game then you are not always making the proper adjustments.

And I do not agree that open limping is always bad. Micro stakes stickies don't need to be read to change my mind. As one evolves in learning the game, they start to understand the small nuances of the game and are able to react/adjust. The less skill one has, the more simple they should attempt to keep their game in order to avoid bigger mistakes. Since PF is by far the simplest of streets not open limping is a good starting point in your venture to ultimately improve your game. As you progress, and are able to become a better hand reader, you will be able to play more hands from all positions with all stack sizes.

So as my first post stated or more so asked....is open limping apart of your game. If not then I do not like your open limp here for more then obvious reasons. If you do incorporate it in your game as well as LRR'ng with high PP's and other random holdings to mix things up, then I have no problem with PF.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 PM

as discussed limping pf is meh, however, i may limp like 5% of the time, for example, if my table image is shot to pieces, ie. im getting 3bet left right and centre, cb's getting floated etc etc. Then, PERHAPS, i might limp.

As played, flop overbet is v meh 5 ways, I think i shut down on turn.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:39 PM

I'd always raise it pre, I like betting flop (not quite so much but prob doesn't really make a difference) and turn. You have to check river