Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 25NL an experiment with table image. (2 hands)

I think you should start trying to seriously work on your game when you are at 25NL but it comes a point where you still need to stick with the basics and don't stray from them too far. As you move up you will develop. I agree with all above posters. 25NL isnt the place to make a maniac image by CALLING in a situation in the first hand. If you want a decent image raise a few times PF people will call you down a little more. I also agree 2 hands arent going to give you a serious image. And images are for regs...if there are no regs at the table play it straight up.

GL
Old 10-15-2007, 12:16 AM

I'd like to thank the poeple who posted here (and didn't flame as hard as I probably should've been flamed) for helping me get my head on straight. I can have a tendency to get so wrapped up in all the different aspects of the game that I can lose focus on the ones that are most important for where I'm currently playing. I will keep this bookmarked so I can look at this the next time I think about pursuing abstract thought at 25NL lol.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:02 AM

Dont waste your time for your current table image in NL25. In this limit most (non regulars) people dont think whats going on. They just surf internet, talking friends msn and they play cards. If they have 27o button, folded to button and its correcty to steal, they fold. If they have pair of queens and all indicates that its correctly to fold (very tight-passive guy wakes up and starts betting and board is very dry), they call. They dont think about: Hoh, this guy is passive, I should fold. This guy lets steal, I would raise with my 72o. Etc. Dont waste your time, play your normal game.

Regulars thinking but they are zombies and they dont care what you did last hand. They use long term stats/notes. I am one of the "zombies" who dont look around whats going on in last few hands - I dont care. I look my PAHUD stats and notes about you and then I make my decision. What did you last hand, that dosent care me. But yeah table image is very important in higher levels.

Hand 1
CBET must be larger.

Hand 2
Hero bets 3$.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 AM

yeah people pay little attention at Nl25 unless you take either end of the spectrum to an extreme (ie. super tight or super loose).
Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 AM

I don't think our hero used a very profitable way of trying to create an image. However, I think saying that your image doesn't matter is craziness. If you get inside your opponents heads you can make them make some huge mistakes.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 AM

here's my tip to beating 2-25nl: don't do stupid [censored]. everytime i try to outplay somebody or w/e i lose money. just play your big hands straight forward and get out of the way if someone c/r you and you don't have a big hand.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here's my tip to beating 2-25nl: don't do stupid [censored]. everytime i try to outplay somebody or w/e i lose money. just play your big hands straight forward and get out of the way if someone c/r you and you don't have a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

However, it is a bit too constrictive to say "don't worry about your image at this limit." You can sometimes get in opponents' heads and make them make even bigger mistakes if you are paying attention to what they may be thinking of you.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 PM

threads I disagree. The majority of NL25 players are just thinking about the two cards in front of them. I can be at a table for an hour and a half cbetting a ton and they do not adapt.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
threads I disagree. The majority of NL25 players are just thinking about the two cards in front of them. I can be at a table for an hour and a half cbetting a ton and they do not adapt.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't what I am talking about. I am talking about you can make some crazy value-pushes and things like that and they will call.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:15 PM

What do you mean by crazy value pushes?