Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Donked into on the river with TP/eh kicker in protected pot

BM

The point is, you really need to be sure he doesnt have Ax you chop with or the oddly played KQ.

To get your eq below 10% we have to put him on what seems like an unrealistically narrow range
Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BM

The point is, you really need to be sure he doesnt have Ax you chop with or the oddly played KQ.

To get your eq below 10% we have to put him on what seems like an unrealistically narrow range

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are in for a treat. I've just decided that next month is "BrassMonkey goes with his gut" month. Like this hand, odds be damned, I'm gonna pull a Daniel Negreanu out my butt and make my moves based on what I feel is right. I'm serious here. It's an experiment. No more "calling because he COULD have this", but probably doesn't. I swear - I think I'll bank it hard if I just follow my instincts. Stay tuned...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:59 AM

Easy crying call, next hand.

Folding river is fps. Peace-of-mind equity is worth more than any expert-hero-fold-saved-bet equity imo.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM

horrible fold getting those odds

Brass, good luck with your experiment.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BM

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are in for a treat. I've just decided that next month is "BrassMonkey goes with his gut" month. Like this hand, odds be damned, I'm gonna pull a Daniel Negreanu out my butt and make my moves based on what I feel is right. I'm serious here. It's an experiment. No more "calling because he COULD have this", but probably doesn't. I swear - I think I'll bank it hard if I just follow my instincts. Stay tuned...

[/ QUOTE ]

Running bad?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:10 PM

Brass, that sounds like a horrible idea. Folding rivers like this one will not only lose you money immediately, it will also inspire people to pull all kinds of crap on you on the river making your life living hell at the tables. When you're running bad and is forced to fold a ton other people will call you lighter and make weird plays at you because you fold so much, don't self-inflict this kind of image...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 PM

Relax fellas, I'm good at detecting bluffs with my patented MonkeySense, too. You'll see - November will be the best month yet. Vvvvvvvvvvt.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brass, that sounds like a horrible idea. Folding rivers like this one will not only lose you money immediately, it will also inspire people to pull all kinds of crap on you on the river making your life living hell at the tables. When you're running bad and is forced to fold a ton other people will call you lighter and make weird plays at you because you fold so much, don't self-inflict this kind of image...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is the problem with "hero folds".

Villain bets river and i know he now has my hand beat so i fold. Villain does not expect me to fold here.

Now his range on the river the next time that comes up is totally different.

If i bet this river and you fold - i assume you have no ace.

Anyway as long as your "6th sense" doesn't take control of you that's fine. I've been yelled at more times that i want to for saying "oh so sick this guy has XY" and then check/calling and saying "man i'm so good...wait". Eventually you stop doing that.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:29 PM

I start thinking of hero folds when I'm running badly. I think, these loose passives always have it here and I don't have to worry about meta so I might as well fold in these spots. Then I end up folding the winner in 18.5BB pots and have to stop playing.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:30 PM

never think about how you run, just think about how you play.