Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: UB weirdly rigged?

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, what is the probability of playing 20k hands and not even SEEING an AA v KK matchup? 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the probability is, perhaps somebody else might work that out for you. However, even if you are correct and there has been no such match up there will obviously be a probability statistic that it will occur. Did you get that? that it WILL occur. So at some stage it WILL happen.

I guess in a few weeks you will post that you have seen AAvKK too often.

What possible friggin reason do you you think the site would have in rigging in such a dumb way. Normally you dumda$$ rigged theorists are telling us the sites deliberately ensure good hand v good hand. You're now saying they are rigging the other way.

Get a freaking life.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:28 AM

tl/dr

And

[ QUOTE ]
I will continue to update this until I see one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't
Old 10-15-2007, 05:10 AM

I'll summarize:

runner runner'd with a set
AA < AK even after ace on flop
set over set
AA < AQ
set< overpair
top full house< straight flush
set< overpair

Each hand played perfectly other than the top full house versus a straight flush hand where I (correctly) did not raise with my top set until the board paired.

Go back to Beginners Questions, loser.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll summarize:

set over set
AA < AQ
set< overpair
set< overpair

Each hand played perfectly other than the top full house versus a straight flush hand where I (correctly) did not raise with my top set until the board paired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beginners Questions ??

I have played played poker seriously for the past 15 years both live and online. If you havn't experienced this before then you obviously havn't played very long. Welcome to poker varience boy. Have you told your mum about this - perhaps she will go and see the site owners and tell them not to be so nasty to you in future.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, what is the probability of playing 20k hands and not even SEEING an AA v KK matchup? 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1-8*3/52/51*4*3/50/49*5)^20000 = 1.2%

8*3/52/51 -> likelyhood you get one of these pairs
4*3/50/49*5 -> likelyhood one of your 5 opponents gets the other pair

I don't know if this calculation is correct, but there is also a chance AA vs KK will end before the showdown and you won't notice you were up against it.

And I really don't know why Ultimate would do this, because AA vs KK is the ultimate rakegenerater. Focus on your game and not on things you can't influence. You will ALWAYS find something out of the ordinary if you search long enough.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll summarize:

set over set
AA < AQ
set< overpair
set< overpair

[/ QUOTE ]

Beginners Questions ??

I have played played poker seriously for the past 15 years both live and online. If you havn't experienced this before then you obviously havn't played very long. Welcome to poker varience boy. Have you told your mum about this - perhaps she will go and see the site owners and tell them not to be so nasty to you in future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Downie, the whole point of posting those hh's was to show that I have seen everything under the sun and taken most of the worst beats possible and never entertained the idea that UB was rigged before. And I guarantee I've played more hands than you.

You strike me as one who parrots conventional wisdom but doesn't really know wtf he's talking about. Let me spell it out for you: Rikazak knows what he is talking about and would never deign to argue with someone who made a "zomg rigged" post and was serious. It's beneath him. "Ban" is a sufficient response.

Really, what kind of a moron argues with someone who thinks a particular site might be "rigged." It's like arguing with someone who thinks that they can see a pattern in roulette, or thinks 9-11 was an inside job, or that jesus is coming back.

Only a fool would take part. And on a side note, I rate the "probability statistic" of someone who uses the word "mum" being a connoisseur of cock to be pretty high.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this calculation is correct, but there is also a chance AA vs KK will end before the showdown and you won't notice you were up against it.

And I really don't know why Ultimate would do this, because AA vs KK is the ultimate rakegenerater. Focus on your game and not on things you can't influence. You will ALWAYS find something out of the ordinary if you search long enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the constructive post. I think the number of hands that this has been going on is closer to 40k, but a 1.2 percent chance over a 20k hand span means that this kind of thing happens relatively regularly.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the constructive post. I think the number of hands that this has been going on is closer to 40k, but a 1.2 percent chance over a 20k hand span means that this kind of thing happens relatively regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus you could have missed it/them, ie no showndown(s).
Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Downie

[/ QUOTE ] LOL [ QUOTE ]
And I guarantee I've played more hands than you.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL [ QUOTE ]

someone who uses the word "mum" being a connoisseur of cock to be pretty high.

[/ QUOTE ] American? Of course you invented the English language. "mom" better? Next you will be telling me that "colour" should be spelled "color".

And Jesus never went away. He has long hair and plays in a big hat.

And this is not a rigged post???????????????????
Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know nor care about the chances of not being involved in AA vs. KK in 20k hands.
But I do know that your contention that you played all your hands perfectly is not correct in the slightest nor is it in the least bit relevant.
People who make automatic assumptions about how they played their hands perfectly usually aren't very good at poker imo.