Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: something I hadn\'t seen before

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be somewhat concerned that you're playing in a room with an enforced betting line that only applies to players who aren't MP1. Or maybe it just applies to you.

Are there any other factors in play? You state that MP1 has chips, but doesn't move any forward. Is he shorter than the $30 with chips in transit? I don't think I've ever seen a verbal call of a $30 AI with action possible behind it. On further thought, I don't think I've ever seen a verbal only call of $30 period.

[/ QUOTE ]
Both me and MP1 had 200+ left. It wasn't the first time that MP1 did something like this. Earlier, he bet $61 heads up on the river after getting checked to, but threw in just one $1 chip. I found that odd, but didn't think much of it at the time. Thinking after the fact, I think he didn't put chips out because he was confident that his hand would hold up, and there was no need to put out chips -- but as he saw me start putting chips out, he decided that he might be no good, and started putting his chips out too, which is when I realized that he had called.