Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Comments/suggestions needed

I'm looking for comments on my progress so far. Been playing NL 25 for about a month, took about two weeks to adjust to the game, as I just started playing online. Hand counts are low because I've been playing too much live (8+ hours everyday) and I've played a few SNG's.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Comments/suggestions needed

The difference between VPIP/PFR is alarming, which means you're flatcalling way too much preflop.
Attempt to steal blinds should be much higher, would it be possible for you to show us your position stats as well? From this it seems you're not utilising the power of position well enough.
Vol. put in from SB is also way too high, you should be folding more often here. If there's a few limpers then yes, it's correct to call with a wider range. But if it's folded to you then you must raise or fold.
You're also very passive, I don't know anyone else whose aggression factor actually moves up by street. This is another indication that you should be raising instead of calling preflop, and probably means you don't c-bet enough.
I think that's all of it
Old 10-14-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Comments/suggestions needed

I'll admit I was doing alot of flatcalling PFR's, but that was when I first started. I've since adjusted that and other parts of my game like overplaying top pair/overpairs, playing flopped combo draws stronger, looser 3-bet range, trusting my reads more, and slowplaying big hands(this I've done within the last couple of days, as I've been outdrawn more than I care to quanitify, both online and live). Most of that came about as I got more familiar with the opposition, when I started I always thought raises were stronger hands than they actually were. I have no idea what the VPIP from the SB is about, I'll make adjustments for that, and for the aggression factor going up by street, I think it has something to do me being in love with floating, which has caused more opponents to play back at me and my strong hands to get paid off. Here's my position stats (Total)

Here's everything since I've started adjusting

Thanks for the help.
Closed Thread