Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 11:51 PM

Default Re: \"The Prestige\" wtf? (spoilers)

This was the most confusing movie I have ever seen in my life. It jumped around so much, I did not know which character I was even watching half the time. I spent most of the scenes trying to figure out which guy was which.

That being said, I still liked it, but if I could actually keep track of who was who throughout the entire movie I would have liked it a lot more.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I thought that the end of the movie really summed everything up well. As another poster already mentioned, the twin that didn't know the knot was the one being asked. He was the more daring twin, the one that took the chances.

I think I woulda liked the whole movie a LOT more if the Tesla guy wasn't involved. The ending just seemed like a really, really big cop out. The whole movie was based in reality, and showing the rather mundane truths behind each "amazing" trick, and then at the end its just like, "oh holy [censored] electricity was just invented and now hey Tesla make me a cloning machine, oh sweet yeah just like that ok I'll clone myself a bunch of times cya movie over."

My GF felt the same way, anybody else feel the "reality" of Jackman's trick was a cop out?

-Jihad

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they tell us that it was a cloning machine well before the end? I mean, I understand that we were supposed to be skeptical of it throughout(perhaps until the end), but its not like they were hiding it from us and then using it as a cop out at the end.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the thread for people who've seen the Prestige. If you haven't seen it and don't want the experience spoiled, bounce.

Okay. I give this movie a 6.5/10. If they cut 90% that "do you love me" [censored] I would have given it an 8. Pretty cool movie but wtf was the deal with the "there's still something you need to figure out" speech at the end. Gay. Also the death of Jackman's original wife and subsequent "I don't remember" defense don't make sense.

Holes? Theories?

[/ QUOTE ]I actually thought the "do you love me?" aspect was one of the best parts. At the end, we truly found out why he only loved her somedays. And it was interesting that each of them loved one girl, and it didn't work out with either of them because "1/2 a husband isn't enough."
Old 04-02-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the thread for people who've seen the Prestige. If you haven't seen it and don't want the experience spoiled, bounce.

Okay. I give this movie a 6.5/10. If they cut 90% that "do you love me" [censored] I would have given it an 8. Pretty cool movie but wtf was the deal with the "there's still something you need to figure out" speech at the end. Gay. Also the death of Jackman's original wife and subsequent "I don't remember" defense don't make sense.

Holes? Theories?

[/ QUOTE ]I actually thought the "do you love me?" aspect was one of the best parts. At the end, we truly found out why he only loved her somedays. And it was interesting that each of them loved one girl, and it didn't work out with either of them because "1/2 a husband isn't enough."

[/ QUOTE ]

this is one thing i didn't get - why couldn't the brother who DID love Sara spend all the time with her? Why did they have to break up their time with Sara?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:16 AM

Those who didn't like the sci-fi ending:

I wasn't sure I liked it at first either, then I realized it's awesome. All along Angier was a cheater. Then he finally gets what he thinks is the best trick, but in fact it's just the ultimate cheat - ACTUAL MAGIC.

P.S. I wish there were two of me so I could bone ScoJo twice as often.

/2006
Old 10-14-2007, 03:34 AM

Weird coincidence, I just watched this movie tonight. I thought it was awesome. I wasn't too thrilled with the sci-fi machine, but it all fit together nicely. Great movie imo.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:43 AM

i was also kind of disappointed w/ the machine, but i enjoyed it
Old 10-14-2007, 03:51 AM

Its worth watching this a second time just to watch Bale's performance. Once you know what's going on, you can actually see subtle differences between his two characters.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those who didn't like the sci-fi ending

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, and I'm not sure if I'm stating the obvious, but the movie was adapted from Christopher Priest's (even more fantastic) novel (1995). (wiki)
Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 AM

Awesome movie. I seen it in the theater and wanted to buy it but never did. Off to amazon I go.