Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Borgata 50K Guaranteed

I play the 300+40 fairly often (I'd say at least a dozen times this year alone easily).

Starting chips generally last until the second break or so - 3 hours of play. After that there's a couple very rough levels where the gamble factor is high since M isn't. (Breaks are after levels 3, 6, and 10 - the latter two are colorups so can be closer to 15 minutes - its actually possible to eat on these).

It seems to be running about 130 or so people lately, which seems about right compared to last year in my logs. At those field sizes it pays 18, with the first payment spots being roughly $400 and the winner getting five figures.

Play - its higher quality than the 50k guar or the big Showboat last month. There are donkeys but you will have to get through reasonably skilled (although not unbeatable) players to make the money. There is a fairly high regulars component, which makes my life easier in this, since I know what's coming.

And I'll probably play in this on Saturday (if I go to AC, I'll be in it).
Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play - its higher quality than the 50k guar or the big Showboat last month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey are you making fun of me???
Old 10-10-2007, 04:22 PM

no - I am curious though if we've tangled before (I wouldn't be surprised). I was trying to give a frame of reference for the play and that was the best I could come up with [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 04:28 PM

I was just goofin...
I FT'd the Showboat and posted a TR here...lol
Old 10-10-2007, 04:38 PM

I played a couple of times in the $250 + $30. Lots of donks in that one. Last time I played, some guy folds QQ face up to an all in bet on a 10 high flop with two diamonds. His reasoning: "I know you got a flush draw and I don't want to put my money in because I know you will catch, so I fold."

The other guy did have a flush draw fwiw lol.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just goofin...
I FT'd the Showboat and posted a TR here...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember...why do ya think I want to know who you are, I need to know who NOT to play a big pot with.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Thanks for the info, everyone. I'm in NYC area for the next week, so will plan on coming down & donating to the fund. See you there.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are donkeys but you will have to get through reasonably skilled (although not unbeatable) players to make the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoyed the tourney, busted out just before the 2nd break, but thought this hand was worth mentioning in light of above quote:

$200/$400 blinds
Folded to cutoff, he pops it up to $2k. Button folds, SB calls. C/O has approx 15k, SB has approx 25k remaining preflop

Flop comes A-K-K with two spades. Action here is murky, but as I recall, SB bets $2k, C/O, raises to $6k, SB calls.

Turn comes Qs. SB bets out $6k, C/O raises all in for another $3k, SB calls and turns over K10, C/O turns over Ac6s. And of course the river brings a spade to hand the pot to the gentleman in the C/O..........

Nice hand, sir.