Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tr plz

[/ QUOTE ]
so basically my next (and possibly last) move with this girl is to ask her out in person, and if she declines, get my acapella group together via speakerphone and serenade her (i'm seriously considering something along those lines because she's crazy about the office, and would have to love it. i just got to figure out when and how to do it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute. Might work. Sounds like shes avoiding you on purpose.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if that's standard, though, I'm not much of a facebook user.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you have no face. If there was a site called "Maskbook" then, well...
Old 10-13-2007, 11:01 AM

I wrecked a car couple of years ago and now I have a job and they've given me a car and I'm petrified of driving. I still drive, but I'm always scared - avoiding highways, not going out of the house unless i absolutely have to.

I always feel like people are staring at me when I drive and that I'm always doing something wrong. This makes me even more nervous and as you can see it's a really stressful situation. How do I get over this?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:31 PM

the short answer is, you probably won't. Not 100%. But you CAN get over the crushing anxiety you feel with time and further driving. I was involved in a head-on 3 yrs. ago and was pretty freaked out for about a month. I was even crazy being a passenger, thinking someone was going to slam into us at any time. But I drive for my work, so I had to get over it.

Maybe you would benefit from taking a driver's ed. course again. I'm sure it would help you get your confidence back, as the teacher will point out any areas you could use some improvement, and most likely assure you that you have nothing to be afraid of.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:44 PM

kkcountry ---

It sounds like you're already planning this, but my first choice over the voicemail/facebook idea would always be to just ask her in person. I wouldn't use those methods unless you had communicated with her a lot through them already.

I think email and Myspace/Facebook stuff is cool for staying in touch, but most of the good looking girls I know don't want to randomly get asked out through a web site.

Be yourself, catch her after class sometime and just say you're having a party and would love if she could attend. If she has friends around, then also make sure to invite them too.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wrecked a car couple of years ago and now I have a job and they've given me a car and I'm petrified of driving. I still drive, but I'm always scared - avoiding highways, not going out of the house unless i absolutely have to.

I always feel like people are staring at me when I drive and that I'm always doing something wrong. This makes me even more nervous and as you can see it's a really stressful situation. How do I get over this?

[/ QUOTE ]

just drive more, and make sure you pay attention / are careful when you do it

i totaled a car a while back w/ 2 people in it... if you just keep driving, thinking about being alert, thinking about driving defensively, etc. it'll come back to you, and the anxiety will go away
Old 10-13-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was watching a movie this afternoon (~5 years old on TBS) and I fell asleep during the commercial since I was up all night. I need to see the last half hour desperately, but I had a date tonight and all the video stores are closed.

I have already tried a uk site with movies, but they don't carry it. I'm really pissed and I need to see the end of this flippin movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about it, TBS plays the same movies over and over again. You can watch it later today or tomm. I know, I'm a TBS and TNT junkie.

T
Old 10-13-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so basically my next (and possibly last) move with this girl is to ask her out in person, and if she declines, get my acapella group together via speakerphone and serenade her (i'm seriously considering something along those lines because she's crazy about the office, and would have to love it. i just got to figure out when and how to do it)

[/ QUOTE ]
This singing shiet only works if the girl already like you.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tr plz

[/ QUOTE ]so basically my next (and possibly last) move with this girl is to ask her out in person, and if she declines, get my acapella group together via speakerphone and serenade her (i'm seriously considering something along those lines because she's crazy about the office, and would have to love it. i just got to figure out when and how to do it)

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definately recommend NOT doing this if she turns you down face to face. At that point you'll be 0-3 and should be smart enough to realize she's not interested. You can't win them all. Cut your losses and move on. If you do this she'll be freaked out and probably won't want to even be around you much. It will be worse if the two of you know the same people. The story will get around and it won't be good. If she says no to you for the 3rd time it's obvious she's uninterested.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so basically my [...] last move with this girl was the facebook invitation, since she already told me twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise you that doing this will be better for your chances than asking her out again. Just let some time pass, and at least pretend you forgot about her. I got this from a girl, after I pulled a (slightly less exaggerated version of the) 'Mike from Swingers' on her. She later added me on MSN to ask me some BS gossip question she had to know the answer to, and in exchange I made her tell me where I screwed up. Best deal ever.

EDIT: Oh yeah obv. second the don't pull the singing thing. Or maybe you should. Bahahahah.
Closed Thread