Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what statistics are there exactly, that prove that college students can't responsibly handle firearms?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how this thread has gone from a discussion about a private institution suspending a racist, sexist gun nut to"OMG IF YOU SUPPORT THIS DECISION THEN YOU THINK THAT ADULTS CAN'T RESPONSIBLY HANDLE GUNS." Well played, intellectually honest utopians.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how you apparently can't read or somehow missed where KURTO made that exact argument, the one you are lampooning, and then the subsequent posts where pvn and others are trying to refute it. It was absolutely NOT the "utopians" who brought the argument here.

But since you are the champion of honesty, we'll assume this was an HONEST mistake on your part?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've viewed the behaviour of hundreds if not thousands of college students.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many were "drunk and stupid" while in class? After all, you are talking (by your own admission) about carrying weapons AT SCHOOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and of that group that show up to class drunk, how many are also members of the group of students who have concealed carry permits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should they need carry permits? Isn't that just the tyranny of the state denying them the right to carry their own property?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, if there could possibly be laws in AC land, why couldn't there be permitting process' for gun ownership or carrying of a concealed weapon? It seems like there almost definately would be some sort of test created to protect the seller from liability in case a very unstable person bought a gun and did something terrible with it.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh noes, not the nazi analogies again.

Obviously having no state is bad, look at somalia etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "Somalia, etc." you really just mean "somalia" right because no one ever uses any example EXCEPT for Somalia.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a sarcastic joke first and foremost, apples and oranges etc.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many were "drunk and stupid" while in class? After all, you are talking (by your own admission) about carrying weapons AT SCHOOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and of that group that show up to class drunk, how many are also members of the group of students who have concealed carry permits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should they need carry permits? Isn't that just the tyranny of the state denying them the right to carry their own property?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course. I'm trying to work within his assumptions, here, though. If I don't, everyone bitches about "AC hijacks". If I do, I get stupid posts like yours. A real no-win situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets get back to the OP! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] AC'er or not, should mentally deranged people have access to guns? If the answer is no, then lets test all applicants gun owners for sanity! I am not sure where you live, but where I do some mentally deficient people are not allowed, and quite rightly in my opinion, to hold a car driving license. To own a gun seems even more silly than letting psychopaths as drivers out on the road.

I think that the problem we have here, is that most people desirous of owning guns would fail the sanity test, and therein lies the crunch! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> MidGe. Paging MidGe. I've asked multiple times. What is your sanity test? Twice you've answered other questions, then you've just ignored me. Please answer or stop using this [censored] about "Deranged people with guns." Thank you. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump.

And the disappearing act by MidGe continues.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:11 PM

Drug prohibition, and the furvor with which USA law enforcement pursue very small quantities of drugs and people for possession of minor quantities, is the difference between this 1st world country and other first world countries.

Other 1st world countries don't take 6-7 cops and plant them somewhere to sell dime bags of pot and dime bags of cocaine to people.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Midge's ideal world, political disagreement with Midge is punishable by forced hospitalization and analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for trying to imagine what my ideal world is. Unfortunately in this instance you are wrong. I would only ask for an assessment

[/ QUOTE ]

So then in your world you would request the person have an assessment....like having some secretary pass them a form that says 'would you like a mental health assessment?' yes or no ?????
Old 10-13-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the "real world". I'll grant you, in theory, this sounds like a great idea, but in practice, it's just another step forward in a small group's desire to disarm the American populace.

[/ QUOTE ]

DblBarrelJ,

I follow you. I simply think that most US citizens not members of the NRA would agree with me. They just may not have the lobbying power!

BTW, I respect your rights about taking a different position on guns control than me, but when it comes to the facts, getting guns in the hands of deranged people is ... "deranged"!?

There is no argument that is going to sway me or anyone with an ounce of common sense from that! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you think that you can control what gets in the hands of deranged people tells me a lot about you.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On top of it, my bet is that there are a lot less lunatics in Switzerland, per head of population, than in te USA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I concur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is because more of them have machine guns in their homes.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course. I'm trying to work within his assumptions, here, though. If I don't, everyone bitches about "AC hijacks". If I do, I get stupid posts like yours. A real no-win situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On top of it, my bet is that there are a lot less lunatics in Switzerland, per head of population, than in te USA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I concur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is because more of them have machine guns in their homes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it isn't like using those machine guns - or can we _please_ call them assault rifles - outside military command/service wouldn't land you both military and civilian punishment of a very severe degree.