Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Default NL50 - question of image?

I am interested in your opnions on the last hand (JJ) but have to describe what happened just before the hand.

First a 60/8 player in LP with 70xBB stack limp/minreraised my positional isolation raise pf. I called and stacked off reraising his cbet allin on the flop with an OESD + 1 over (KT) against his AA. I guess thiss created an aggresive image for me, that would last a while.

3 hands later this happened, villain in these two hands was 17/14/3 and we did not play a bigger pot before

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $19.01
BB: $50
UTG: $101.54
Hero (CO): $50.50
BTN: $46.50

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BTN calls $2, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $9</font>, 2 folds

The immediately next hand:
Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $18.76
SB: $54.25
BB: $101.54
Hero (UTG): $50
CO: $44.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $9</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $50 and is All-In</font>

I actually did not want to get called here, mainly I wanted to send a message. But I thought that there is a chance I could get called by TT+, AQ+ maybe even worse due to the KT hand I played an orbit ago.

Is this ok or should I still play it like I would do standard and just call the pfrr?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: NL50 - question of image?

You are signaling a weak hand. Given your image you gonna get looked fairly likely, but I think no lighter than TT. And very rare TT. I dont like it much, QQ is calling for sure.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:26 AM

I actually thought he might be rr light because he did it 2 times in a row. Now that i think about it I guess I might be wrong and should give credit even if at first it looks like he's kust squeezing.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 PM

JJ (arr in) vs deep stack = pain