Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 06:44 AM

Default AQo in the SB

1/2 5max.
UTG is a solid player. CO and BTN are very loose and bad. BB is also fairly loose (VPIP 36) and quite aggressive.

Hero in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG raises, CO calls, BTN calls, Hero calls?, BB calls.

Not sure about preflop. I'm a slight favourite over UTG's range and the other guys are really bad, so I didn't want to fold. But I didn't think I had a big enough edge to 3-bet when I would be unable to knock anyone out except possibly BB.

Flop (10 SB): K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: AQo in the SB

raise pf, your equity is better against 3 than 4 players with AQo.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so I didn't want to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good!

Get that full ring folding mentality out of your head asap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I 3-bet pre but I just call AJo so I dont think its a huge mistake as in not capping AA in a 4 way pot.

Flop hits UTG's range. But you cant be sure he c-bets AJ, AT, 88, 77 etc. So I think an argument can be made for donking. Its donk or c/c IMO.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so I didn't want to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good!

Get that full ring folding mentality out of your head asap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I 3-bet pre but I just call AJo so I dont think its a huge mistake as in not capping AA in a 4 way pot.

Flop hits UTG's range. But you cant be sure he c-bets AJ, AT, 88, 77 etc. So I think an argument can be made for donking. Its donk or c/c IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm if you're donk you're likely to get raised by UTG and then CO and BTN might fold. I think our chance of having the best hand by SD is very slim so we are on a draw to a BD flush 2-pair or trips and I think it's better to check/call since that may make the implied odds better if we catch something later in the hand.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:38 AM

I tend to agree G. But on the other hand it would suck donkeyballs when UTG doesnt c-bet and it gets checked through.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to agree G. But on the other hand it would suck donkeyballs when UTG doesnt c-bet and it gets checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

If UTG doesn't c-bet there are two players left that can bet, so I think the risk of this getting checked through is small. Also is that such a disaster? If noone of UTG, CO or BTN bets it should often mean they don't have the king wouldn't it? And depending on the turncard we probably can define our hand better on turn and decide if we should bet for value or not. But I prefer that they bet offcourse...
Old 10-13-2007, 07:58 AM

So I did donk for the reasons Oink mentioned, and to hopefully better definite UTG's hand. Just for thesake of completeness...

Hero bets, BB folds, UTG raises, CO calls, BTN 3-bets, Hero?

I have few hands on Button at this point but he hasn't seemed like a LAG/Maniac so I think I'm boned by both him and UTG. Easy fold even though I'm getting 18:2?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:01 AM

I'd fold when he cold 3 bets and you're not closing the action.

I'm in the check the flop and reevaluate camp.