Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 04:03 AM

Default BB/100 over how long?

When you calculate your BB/100, how far back do you typically look to determine your current rate? Ie.: in PokerTracker, I get different results if I look at my entire history vs. just my last 1500.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: BB/100 over how long?

Usually is referred to per level. You could, however, specify exactly what the range is (i.e. I ran 8 PTBB/100 over the last 10k hands/month).
Old 10-13-2007, 04:45 AM

Your 'current' rate is your long-term rate.

The only way you can really make a winrate 'current' is to look at it only over the period of time at which you've been playing a certain level.

For instance, if you've been @ 50NL for 40k hands, your 'current' winrate is measured over 40k hands. You can't just run hot over 1k hands, and choose to look at that sample only. Gotta average it out across the big picture.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:54 AM

If you want some really good advice, stop paying attention to your win rate. Focus on learning the game, improving and making good decisions at the table. Your win rate is pretty much meaningless and by the time you have enough hands to know what it is, you should have progressed enough to where thats not what it is anymore.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want some really good advice, stop paying attention to your win rate. Focus on learning the game, improving and making good decisions at the table. Your win rate is pretty much meaningless and by the time you have enough hands to know what it is, you should have progressed enough to where thats not what it is anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

^ ^ ^
Old 10-14-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore that post.

Of course your win rate is important. Yes, focus on learnig and improving but always keep track of your stats. How else are you going to know if you are getting better. Obviously if you are a complete noob then your early results will be somewhat meaningless however as you build a complete history of your progress you will come to much more meaningful stats the bigger the history gets.

The only thing you have to keep in mind is the levels you are playing at because generally as you move up the competion gets stiffer so breaking down your win rate at different levels is very useful.