Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Wrong forum, sorry: 2nl I suck at one pair hands

EDIT: Totally wrong forum, sorry guys, can a mod move to uNL?

SB is a station, 52/1/.6 over 500+ hands, cant even spell fold, etc. UTG is similar 78/13/.5 over a much smaller sample. My flop raise is ugly but i didnt expect a shove from UTG and really just wanted value from SB.

Not sure where this one went wrong.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $0.89
SB: $5.02
BB: $5.41
UTG: $1.21
Hero (CO): $3.42

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, BTN calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.32) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.81 and is All-In</font>, SB calls $0.81, BB folds, Hero calls $0.31

Turn: ($2.95) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, Hero folds
Old 10-12-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Wrong forum, sorry: 2nl I suck at one pair hands

Can you reraise after BTN goes all-in, or is it capped there? He raised .31, which is more than the .30 it took to go from .20 to .50. I would probably have reraised to about $1.5 in an effort to get SB to fold his one pair hands that can draw out on you and also his diamond draws. Calling the river sucks because any diamond beats you. Even getting 7 to 1 I would be tempted to lay it down. You can't be sure at all that BTN doesn't have a diamond, and you are only getting 1 to 1 on the sidepot that SB doesn't have a diamond or have you beat somehow.

I would make a case for folding on the river because it's pretty unlikely that you're going to win this pot with just one pair.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Wrong forum, sorry: 2nl I suck at one pair hands

So we're trying to get it all in on the flop with the SB 175 bb deep? I felt like i shoudl have flat called BBs donk to leave myself room to play with SB.