Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Note that Step 6 is 18 entries for 3 Atlantis spots, all of the other steps are 9 entries. Its not mentioned in the diagram, but obvious if you add up the direct entry $$$'s

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the thing I liked the least about these. I Just play for fun mainly make a little in the process. I played a few step 1 and 2's last night before I noticed step 6 was 18 players. When I lose all the tickets I currently have that will be the end for me unless there is a 1 table step 6 added. I would like to see 1 table step 6 maybe something like this.

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket
5th - 215 step 4 ticket + $25
6th-9th 215 step 4 ticket

You could change 5th-9th maybe add another step 5 for 5th and make 6th -9th worth less

Oh yeah and definitley turbos at least for the Steps 1 and 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's another vote for 1-table Step 6's with a single package and a flatter payout that includes re-entries into Step 6 and 5.

I'm currently sitting on a Step 6 ticket, but Jeff if you're still monitoring this thread, perhaps you could chime in as to whether you think the above scenario is even a possibility b/c if it were, then I'd wait to use it so I could play in it instead of the 3-prize 2-table Step 6.

Also, am I correct that because winners of multiple prize packages are allowed to basically just accumulate as many trip packages as they can, but take them in the form of $W or $T, that there's a lot of high-stakes SNG pros that just buy-in directly to the $2,100 Step 6, and feast on the fishier players that bought in low and worked their way up? If so, perhaps some people would like some Steps tables that can ONLY be bought into with tickets won from the step just below.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JESUS CHRIST what about the collusion in the higher steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you referring to?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's another vote for 1-table Step 6's with a single package and a flatter payout that includes re-entries into Step 6 and 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I end up playing I like this idea.

But doesn't it leave more players "stuck" in the STEPS and a ton more leftover tickets at the end?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't it leave more players "stuck" in the STEPS and a ton more leftover tickets at the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence why it would be better if instead of reentries awarded on the last step of a 1 table you pay cash. Then towards the end of the promo anyone who gets to step 6 and loses receives cash and it leaves less tickets around.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence why it would be better if instead of reentries awarded on the last step of a 1 table you pay cash. Then towards the end of the promo anyone who gets to step 6 and loses receives cash and it leaves less tickets around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like that idea.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If so, perhaps some people would like some Steps tables that can ONLY be bought into with tickets won from the step just below.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2007, 05:15 PM

I don't think the single-table step 6 would lead to THAT many more leftover tickets, would it?
You are still going to have a ton of losers between steps 1 through 5.
But I guess at the very end when it comes down to everyone kind of rushing to get rid of their tickets I guess it could lead to more leftovers.
Anyway, I really like the single-table flatter-payout idea for step 6 and don't think it's even close. The 2-table Step 6's kind of suck and I think most of us are in agreement that it should be changed.

Teddyfbi - I think the other poster was referring to some of the rumors flying around of some high-stakes SNG-collusion shenanigan's on the old Party Steps. I don't know much about it though. Assuming others here could give more background/details.

If we're really curious perhaps we could ask in the SNG forum. Actually, come to think of it they probably are already talking about the PCA-Steps over there too.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Note that Step 6 is 18 entries for 3 Atlantis spots, all of the other steps are 9 entries. Its not mentioned in the diagram, but obvious if you add up the direct entry $$$'s

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the thing I liked the least about these. I Just play for fun mainly make a little in the process. I played a few step 1 and 2's last night before I noticed step 6 was 18 players. When I lose all the tickets I currently have that will be the end for me unless there is a 1 table step 6 added. I would like to see 1 table step 6 maybe something like this.

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket
5th - 215 step 4 ticket + $25
6th-9th 215 step 4 ticket

You could change 5th-9th maybe add another step 5 for 5th and make 6th -9th worth less

Oh yeah and definitley turbos at least for the Steps 1 and 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm currently sitting on a Step 6 ticket, but Jeff if you're still monitoring this thread, perhaps you could chime in as to whether you think the above scenario is even a possibility b/c if it were, then I'd wait to use it so I could play in it instead of the 3-prize 2-table Step 6.

Also, am I correct that because winners of multiple prize packages are allowed to basically just accumulate as many trip packages as they can, but take them in the form of $W or $T, that there's a lot of high-stakes SNG pros that just buy-in directly to the $2,100 Step 6, and feast on the fishier players that bought in low and worked their way up? If so, perhaps some people would like some Steps tables that can ONLY be bought into with tickets won from the step just below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. This step idea is awesome, but making it all the way to step 6 and getting 4th and having nothing to show for it makes me hesitant to play. For a player with a small bankroll, I don't want to keep putting in $7.50 or $27 and never win anything. But the fish will still play so I guess I will try also. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 PM

2 tables for the last step is really dumb
Old 10-12-2007, 06:16 PM

One more argument (maybe the most common-sense one) for the wisdom of a 1-table Step 6: it takes FOREVER for the 18-man double-table Step 6 to fill up. There's a Step 6 right now that has 13 of 18 seats filled...but it's been "filling up" for the last 6 hours. I don't think more than a single Step 6 has run all day. Even those inclined to play in the current Step 6 format don't want to wait around 8 hours for it to actually run. Kind of makes the "Sit-n-Go" terminology a tad ironic.