Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Oct 9th - 15th POTW!!!!

also like SJSt.

BC -12 for 3u is my largest bet this week so far.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 PM

Right. I know that HAW's offense should tear up SJSU but I'm just not sure by HOW much. 50-60 pts and obviously SJ is in trouble.
Only 40 pts and I think there's a chance SJ can keep up it close enough.
A 42-28 type game is what I'm envisioning.

The big catch in all this is that HAW is excited to be on national TV also. And not just your ordinary "we're playing at midnight on a Saturday on ESPN" type of national TV. But a Friday night prime-time audience where they are the only football game on. They must be saying to themselves, "The whole country is watching us on this one. This is our chance to show that we're for real."

No matter what June Jones says about "just taking care of business ourselves and not worrying about the polls" I think he has shown that every opportunity he gets he wants to impress the media and pollsters.

So if these guys get up 55-21 or something they will be less likely to coast and lay-back which could lead to SJSU getting a late garbage-score to cover.
HAW will be more likely to play all 60 minutes and want to win this as impressively as possible for the audience.
This aspect definitely has me concerned for the SJSU side.

I guess this aspect is somewhat mitigated by Brennan's health. But it seems he's getting better and I don't think it is as much of an issue.

Anyway, I'm glad I got it at 18.5 which I think is pretty good for this game.
Now it's at 17.5, -115 so might even move all the way to 17.
Wonder if Dr. Bob or some other tout liked SJ in this one or if there is some late info on Brennan or something.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:46 PM

Not sure why line is dropping but weather was supposed to clear by gametime and now it looks rainy through at least part of the game.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:27 PM

My POTW is Illinois at Iowa +2.5 (1st half). (Risking 2.2u to win 2u.)

Everyone on earth is on Illinois here to the point that Iowa's got to be the sharp side for the game line and the main thing that their missing is what a big letdown spot this is for Illinois. They played their biggest game of the season to date last week at home vs. Wisconsin and they're looking forward to a showdown with Michigan next week that could potentially decide the conference. No way they're going to be focused for a road game against Iowa.

This lack of focus is likely to manifest itself more in the first half and Iowa's more likely to come out pumped up in front of their home crowd in the first half too, so I think the angle's much stronger there. The only sandwich situation I can think of that was this obvious this season prior to this game was when LSU played Tulane in between S. Carolina and Florida. The talent differential for that game was about 100x larger, and yet Tulane still only trailed 10-9 going into halftime. If I didn't have a decimated sports BR, I'd definitely be on this for more than 2.2u.