Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 12:18 PM

Default How to maximize expectation? (.25/.50 live game 5handed)

Player A -> A well rounded player who is tight aggressive with a raising range around 88+,KQs+,AJo+
Player B -> A Weak tight player with who overplays or makes plays hands such as AK,AQ on a missed board
Myself -> A live midlimit player adjusting to nl
Other two players didnt play this hand so im just going to ignore my reads on them due to the fact they are irrelevant here.

Anyways to the fun part =]

Irrelevant player 1 = sb
Hero = BB (~$66)
Player A = UTG (~$52)
Irrelevant player 2 = utg+1
Player B = Button (~$60)

Hero is dealt 2 :diamond: 2 :heart:

PlayerA(utg) raises it $2.50 total , Irrelevant Player 1(utg+1) folds , Player B(Button) tanks for about 5seconds or so and then calls, Irrelevant Player 2(sb) couldnt fold his hand quick enough, I call trying to hit a set

Flop

2 :club:Q :club:Q :heart: pot = $7.75

Hero(BB) checks, Player A bets $4, Player B calls, I just call

Turn

6 :club: Pot $19.75

Hero(BB) Checks,Player A(UTG) Bets $10, Player B Raises to $20, Hero Should Push/Call or should have i lead here hoping get one or both of these guys to hang themselves? or should I have made my move on the flop...
Old 10-12-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: How to maximize expectation? (.25/.50 live game 5handed)

I think it depends on how they view you. If you're seen as aggressive I'd definitely fire on the flop. It'll look like you have a PP or you're on a draw. If someone has the queeen you'll likely get it all-in here, and if they have a high PP they may as well.

As played I'd push as anything you do here besides folding will look super strong in the face of a raise/rr. Just push and they'll most likely call w/their flush or trips.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: How to maximize expectation? (.25/.50 live game 5handed)

Live play is great, there's a lot involved with table image. Assuming you have a good read on the players, I like the way you started this hand. You expect UTG to bet out, and he does expectingly so. You have such a monster of a hand, there's not much that can catch up. If anything you don't need to make your move on the flop, it's good to let weak-tight catch his flush, or slow play his Q. I would shove the turn, chances are TAG will fold and Weak-tight will call. If you just called on the turn... yes TAG might call behind you getting a little bit more, but if he doesn't have a Q or club, he's outta there, also Weak-tight will be trying to figure out what you're calling with, with possible trip queens, quads, boat, flush on the board, a turned flush draw? not likely. Weak-tight will be less inclined if checked to on the river, and if you're to bet out first on the river, why not on the turn? Make your move on the turn, you've gotten as much out of them as you probably could.