Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker 3/14

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody know how many episodes there are going to be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-15-2006, 05:14 PM

Daniel was steaming like a rook. To sit down with that much money to begin with must have been the result of some serious insecurity. Anyway, I don't feel bad for him, especially seeing him go after Deeb about that going south BS.

The show is fantastic - I wish Barry and Ted would come back though. Chan and Stupak aren't even there, Sheiky is irritating, and Todd is.. well, Todd - kinda depressing.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing I didn't understand is how when Sheiky bet 15k into a 16k pot, against Todd Brunson who was on a flush draw, Gabe said he didn't like the bet and he was giving odds to Todd and that he should have bet 20k... WTF has Kaplan been smoking and who taught him to do math?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think gabe took into account that brunson and sheiky do not like each other and todd would call a near pot sized bet for an opportunity to draw out on skeiky. i dont think math really applied here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he just doesn't understand the situation. He said the same thing when Jennifer Harman had A4 in A4xx board against a flush draw.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:36 PM

Can't blame DN for steaming ... I mean how many times can you flopped straights/flushes/trips get outdrawn. I got on tilt just watching him play knowing that painful feeling of nothing going right. Sick sick beats ... Farha is making great reads but he's also getting lucky in a few all in's he had. A few of them he got lucky and that's why he's up 425k or 450k or whatever it was.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bob stupak lives~!

[/ QUOTE ]

barely.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:51 PM

I agree with most of what that quote says however when players make really bad calls after pretty much putting the other player on a winning range of hands is just bad poker.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel was steaming like a rook. To sit down with that much money to begin with must have been the result of some serious insecurity. Anyway, I don't feel bad for him, especially seeing him go after Deeb about that going south BS.

The show is fantastic - I wish Barry and Ted would come back though. Chan and Stupak aren't even there, Sheiky is irritating, and Todd is.. well, Todd - kinda depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

IN his blog he said he did it so he would be able to control the table with his stack, being ale to put people all in with ease. (Which he did a lot during the begining of the show)

This strategy backfired on him because the other players saw him as a bully, and called some of the all ins while behind and out drew on him. D.N. had a pretty good strategy going in, but getting drawn out on will kill any strategy - fast.

I respect D.N.'s plays but I really do think he was on tilt this last episode.

Also keep in mind, a lot of these players don't play these kind of limits at all or regularly, so they are more inclined to either tighten way up, or be really loose to gamble and see what happens.

Farha and todd brunson so far have been the best ive seen. D.N. would be the best I would say until the last epsiode when he was tilting a little bit. Johnny and Mimi and even Harmon have played like complete nits, I don't know if its because in johhnys case thats what hes most used to in cash games games from his early days, or because they are afraid to lose the money.

Also, farha is better at ohmaha than holdem, johhnys better at tournaments than cash games, harmons better at limit, shiekon just sucks badly.

The only real people that are probebly NL holdem cash game regulars are the brunsons and D.N.

This is also a contribiting factor to the extreme LAG or nit play weve been seeing.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:08 PM

barry and ted are also fantastic cash game players who play the most TAG that ive seen on the show, but they havn't had to must sucess.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This strategy worked perfectly because the other players saw him as a bully, and called some of the all ins while behind

[/ QUOTE ]

my first FYP, I'm proud.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:37 AM

The best part was when Sheiky talked like him and TB were buds, just playfully playing back and forth against each other.