Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: NL10 - What range can I give villain here? :S

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you now have to make a decision. Do you want to play a hand against a player who may want to challenge you and see if he can outplay you postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are still talking about the small blind and theoreticaly, as the actual button jamed, so there is no post-flop play?

I donīt want to do this with ATo, even though we have position against the small blind. This is because it is bad for my nerves. I am uncertain wether or not it might be marginaly +EV.
But still, I understand that the "there are better spots"-argument doesnīt really hold true for cashgames. If a +BIG EV situation comes up like ten hands later, I really donīt have to give up a +VERY LITTLE EV WITH ULTRA HIGH VARIANCE situation now, because this is a cashgame and I can reload, so I can still benefit from the next situation.

I might add that there is a common player type at NL10 who are amazingly loose preflop and amazingly weak-tight (100% fit or fold) postflop. If we have a read that we are up against that kind of opposition, we shall like our ATo very much [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 AM

No I am not talking about the sb, I am referring to the HERO who is the BB and the Villain who is the button. Unless, I am confused here? If I am mistaken, let me know.

As for NL10, this is what I am currently playing. And I would have to say, that in the last 8k hands that I have played at 10NL I have not once seen someone limp/raise with a good hand.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No I am not talking about the sb, I am referring to the HERO who is the BB and the Villain who is the button. Unless, I am confused here? If I am mistaken, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe weīve just been talking about different things?

I gave a comment on Heroīs initial preflop raise. When Hero makes it 0.5 with his ATo, neither do we know that button will jam, nor do we know that SB will fold.

When the button "jams", I assume he is all in - or do we have a language problem on my side here?
If he is all in, then there is no postflop play.