Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Every once and a while... are they 12? nope full grown men

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...malapropism...

[/ QUOTE ]

Never use this word again

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways I am glad I was hoping to get a response for another female... maybe we could talk sometime Crystal. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime. Are we the only ones here??
Old 10-11-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... a lot of personalities that probably aren't too 'alpha' in the real world, taking advantage of the opportunity this message board affords them to pretend that they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

For real.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:59 AM

No, you're not the only woman here...

Until I started playing poker live many, many hours a day, I had really no idea how men talk to each other when there aren't women around. I play enough that in their eyes I'm essentially an honorary guy. As a result, I hear stuff that would just curl your ears.

Occasionally I pipe up when I'm horrified or offended, but frankly, most of the time it's a complete waste of breath. I used to harbor idealistic notions about progress against sexism in our society... needless to say I'm pretty much over that notion now.

There are always the exceptions, the men you're actually proud to know and be associated with. The rest, well, good luck to them. It just adds an extra-tasty flavor to my wins.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am talking about being a JERK not joking around I am not being picky

[/ QUOTE ]

Example? I generally think the forums are pretty clean of anything terribly offensive to women. Maybe I don't participate in the forums where this stuff takes place.

Well, except maybe this thread. But I want a pass here; this is gold.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&fpart=all
Old 10-12-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean. That said, I would never post in some of these places. Cuz I'm sensitive .

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean 2. I don't post there not because I don't have something to say but because I know I will be attacked. And prehaps it is good to have a thick skin but I know myself well enough to know I don't have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "txtspk" offends me much more than any of the immaturity on these boards ever could.

Grow up.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:03 AM

Maybe it's because I'm a guy, maybe it's because I've got thick, pig like skin, but I think this forum is relatively civilised. OK, I am not saying that there aren't some jerks around here, aren't there always, but I'm prepared to put up with them as the entry price for some great advice and wisdom from the rest.

Why, from this thread alone I have learnt that it should be 'moot point' not 'mute point' [Yes, I've been making the same mistake too] and 'pearls before swine' isn't just a great cartoon strip - it's from the Bible.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:45 AM

Hi Cardgrrl, well at least we are not alone.

Grumpy - lol - point is both now muted and moot... lol I learned it now too...

Outter - lol nicely plugged there - actually the topic in itself is not that highly offensive to me. The way some of them carry on as if they are the judges of all things perfect is a bit rich because these are probably the guys sitting there eatting cheese balls, haven't shaved in 3 days, have a beer belly popping out of their newly purchased Lord of the Rings Tee ( not that theres anything wrong with that but you can't exactly judge perfection when ur fingers are covered in orange powder). The topics I find highly offensive is usually the ones that go more like there's a drunk girl in my room should I molest her.... you get the point.

And Evan - wow ur more sensitive than even me.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY. Talk about your delicate sensibilities...
Old 10-12-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Cardgrrl, well at least we are not alone.

Grumpy - lol - point is both now muted and moot... lol I learned it now too...

Outter - lol nicely plugged there - actually the topic in itself is not that highly offensive to me. The way some of them carry on as if they are the judges of all things perfect is a bit rich because these are probably the guys sitting there eatting cheese balls, haven't shaved in 3 days, have a beer belly popping out of their newly purchased Lord of the Rings Tee ( not that theres anything wrong with that but you can't exactly judge perfection when ur fingers are covered in orange powder). The topics I find highly offensive is usually the ones that go more like there's a drunk girl in my room should I molest her.... you get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you seem to appreciate corrections in usage (I always want to know if I'm wrong about my facts, grammar, or anything else), it should be "more sensitive than even I."

If in doubt, change the wording a little and see what makes more sense: Me am more sensitive than you? Nope. Or, you are more sensitive than me am? That doesn't work either. It has to be I.