Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:58 PM

Default KK vs maniac

This guys crazy 71/6 over 100...he's all over the place.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $56.50
BB: $49.50
UTG: $51.10
MP: $94.60
CO: $106.85
BTN: $52.05

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.75, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $6.25

Flop: ($18.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $13.50</font>, Hero??
Old 10-12-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: KK vs maniac

You do realize that he his PF% is 6%, so his raising range is very tight. I think he has a hand here; he could be doing this with air but even if you call, what are you going to do on the next two streets? This is an easy fold for me.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that he his PF% is 6%, so his raising range is very tight. I think he has a hand here; he could be doing this with air but even if you call, what are you going to do on the next two streets? This is an easy fold for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
This guys raising range isn't even close to the top 6% of hands...it's going to be much more random.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 AM

I'd like it a lot more if you made the bet and then considered giving up. Checking there seems to be no other option but to fold.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This guys raising range isn't even close to the top 6% of hands...it's going to be much more random.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that it can *possibly be a big range as well, he isn't going to be raising with garbage.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that it can *possibly be a big range as well, he isn't going to be raising with garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe but 100 hands just isn't enough to make any assumptions on this type of player. I'd bet the flop against this guy. As played I think you should probably fold and find a better spot to stack him.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:24 AM

I've gone broke a few times when villan was super maniac and I picked the very wrong time to not believe him. If he's betting a lot I might give up and let him have the pot. You can pick better spots than this without making heroic reads or calldowns.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:05 AM

I would lead out into this flop, and see what he does. But taking you're line, I would fold, because he really could have something like A6, that 71/6 stat line means that he likes seeing alot of flops, and plays tight on the flop.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 AM

Id lead the flop as you showed strengh pre and hes goin to have a hard time calling without an A.
Once you check the flop and he bets it though, its going to cost way to much to just find out he has an A so i think you have to fold.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:13 AM

I c-bet this every time unless villain has a very low fold to c-bet.

As played I fold.