Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: A style that is good for NLHE50... Is it good for NLHE100?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mmm.. How do you play fullring.. I mean if you raise UTG KK, and get 3bet by UTG+1 - do you have to fold or what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold KK UTG. It's too early.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this made my head hurt. you cant be serious.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Ofc I am not folding KK are you serious? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well thanks for all the help. I am giving 6-handed 2 table a try atm, let's see how it goes. I was playing 9-handed 4 tables, and I had a lot of free time.

Maybe I can play 6-handed 4 tables as well, dunno.

Need a lot of time learning tho... it is fun again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM

First session was a lot of fun, without a lot of strategy and mostly feel my stats look like ;

20/15/3.38 in 2k hands.

Tomorrow at work I will read some strategy and see how my scouting session went. I had to play a lot of reraised pots with weird holdings when people called me, it is really an interesting experience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Btw are you 8tabling 6-players 200 NLHE? If so wtf? Why not become a pilot? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Btw are you 8tabling 6-players 200 NLHE? If so wtf? Why not become a pilot? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe ... but yeah, I am
Old 10-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Burcak, just to say I was a decent winner at 100NL Full Ring over 70,000 hands (6ptbb/100) and decided to try 50NL 6Max. It was at that point that I realised I actually knew close to nothing about poker. I'd been playing and beating Full Ring for 6 months before realising that I actually did not have a clue about poker other than betting premiums hard and praying for sets. Quite unbelievable now that I think about it.

Before playing 6M I knew NOTHING about image, aggression, semi-bluffing, reads, playing against ranges, playing the FToP and probably a thousand other things. Unbelievable how far you can go just being a huge nit.

I sense from your posts that you understand this already (I think that is immensely to your credit by the way - humble poker players are a rare things in these parts). But I would still recommend trying 6M to improve your skills in close-combat.

Also, does anyone out there think there are natural born Full Ringers? I only tried 6M to sharpen skills but got so immersed in it's complexity I never got back to FR. D'oh. I'm half thinking I might go back to being a nut-peddling, set-mining 16/13 Full Ringer. Ahhhhhhhhh, sounds soooooo nice and soooooo much less stressful.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:09 PM

firstly, I've played FR too, just switch to SH. it's easier and You will be REAL GOOD if You're a winning player at FR. I mean reading ppls ranges of hands is much harder than on SH at least for me. And about loosening up, I don't know how to help You as I play little like a NIT now too, but I think I dont have a good samplesize to judge that. I hope I will be at 22/17/4 or something soon.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe ... but yeah, I am

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir Gelford teh Austranaut! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
firstly, I've played FR too, just switch to SH. it's easier and You will be REAL GOOD if You're a winning player at FR. I mean reading ppls ranges of hands is much harder than on SH at least for me. And about loosening up, I don't know how to help You as I play little like a NIT now too, but I think I dont have a good samplesize to judge that. I hope I will be at 22/17/4 or something soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it`s the other way around. Full ring is much easier to read then 6max, due to the more predictibal ranges your oponents have based on their position.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:21 PM

So, I started playing 6h and all that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

3 questions :

1) What is a good sample size to decide I am a winner? I am on a heater atm, won 12 buy-ins in 5k hands. Ofc I have been very lucky. But I played "ok" consistently. 10k hands? 20k hands? To get a general idea about moving up ofc.

2) My nittiness problem didn't go away. I am 17.63/12.93/2.80. I play any hand I conceive as playable. I must be way-off in evaluating hands. I think I need to watch somebody play. Any 6-handed videos of 100, 200, 50 etc. NLHE you know? I didn't find any so far, only found full ring videos.

3) Should I get coached for moving up to 100 NLHE?

Btw the whole 6-handed experience was awesome for me. What I enjoy most is value betting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I get to do lots of it, and the more I successfully stack people the more I realize it is incredibly important for my style of play. Thx everyone who recommended that I give it a try.