FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

I see some others aren't that excited about playing the big events you get with elite. How about a second option? Cash is king, but I'd be happy with 20K T$ (Make them unsellable if you want) It's cheaper for you, the investment stays on site, and I know of at least 1 more donkey that will push hard for elite.

Also, I agree that a slight upgrade from 501-999K vpps is in order, some good ideas already posted. $5K at 600K and 800K is good, $10K at 750K (maybe a 4x FPP thrown in). Or maybe keep the milestone's the same and go 4x FPP at 500K or 600K. That's a real incentive to keep going.

All in all I think the program is great, no changes need to be made. I think these are improvements though.

Also, I dig the drawing idea.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
* If there is no change to the current system, I plan to steal Prodigy's outstanding idea of mixing in some Full Tilt tables to maximize game selection & rewards once I pass 500K (right now I play 100% Stars).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

I'm actually already doing this. But I don't want to. I like playing at Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second ditto. I play both PS and FTP at the same time until the 4 hour period in the day when Stars has enough tables going. If they gave the high-end players more, I would prefer to play at Stars 100% of the time.

I think for Stars that the cash bonuses are not so great (which in turn makes them the best for players). Extra FPPs are much better for them.

Reason #1:
I would imagine most people just cash out the bonuses and don't play more (or less) on the site because of it, so that $ is more or less gone for Stars. I also bet some people hoard the FPPs to get a bigger prize, bonus, etc. Those FPPs are really just cash that Stars has sitting on their books that generate interest. If they said you could exchange 1M FPPs for $.0175 (vs. the 100k/$.015), they could actually come out ahead because of all the extra interest they would accrue while people leave the FPPs in their account for 0-2 years awaiting the 1M mark.

OK, my second point:
Don't get me wrong, I personally want cash, BUT for Stars once again the FPP multiplier is a great carrot to dangle, and here's why:
Next year when I'm SNE, the FPP multiplier milestones of 1.5k, 4k, 10k, 100k, 600k(SN+), and 1M are totally meaningless since I've already got the 5x multiplier. So that carrot costs them nothing for me and gains me nothing. If they change the carrots to be more cash oriented, then I would still already have the 5x multiplier and get more of the cash bonuses. Basically, an added multiplier between 500k-1M vs. another cash bonus is better for Stars (and worse for me).

Finally:
I think OnlinePro has some good points about stinginess. Only Stars has the exact numbers, but all the extra $ they had to spend in VPPs and FPPs during their 10-day 1B hand promo back in May must have made them a fortune. I track the # players on the site [f1] and after the 10-day promo ended, the # of players remained about 25% higher!!! I could be wrong, but I think that was a good example of Stars spending alot more money on promos and getting rewarded handsomely for it.

I should probably shut up now before I convince Stars to give all their promo $ to the 50-200k guys instead of us!

-BK

f1: http://www.pokersitescout.com/SiteDe...amp;ab=8541936
Old 10-11-2007, 01:46 PM

This might be a little off topic, but when a Supernova player qualifies or buys into a live event - such as the WSOP, EPT, PCA, etc...tournies, Ive heard that Stars provide the Supernova with additional perks during those events. Is this something that always happens...eg. if one wins a satellite to the PCA now, is there anything extra a Supernova player might get. Maybe they should publize this a bit more.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Any 6 max table you open up as minimum 3 pros and most likely 4. Chezlaw, marchinvest, sethypoo, and then if I am on the table that would make it 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

so only 2 good players on a table of 6...sounds like pretty good tables to me
Old 10-11-2007, 02:13 PM

okay, now i'm curious which of those 3 you don't think is very good. I don't look forward to any of those 3 players at my table.

windbreaker - usually there is a goody-bag or something I believe. I got all sorts of little trinkets when I went to the WSOP in 2005. Nice large duffel-suitcase with my name embroidered on it, Stars jacket and a bunch of golf-shirts and t-shirts, Greg Raymer Bobblehead Doll!!!, pretty cute engraved 2005-WSOP card-protector thingee.
Stuff like that.

I don't know though if SN's are more likely to get more trinkets over regular Stars players who qualify. Maybe.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, now i'm curious which of those 3 you don't think is very good. I don't look forward to any of those 3 players at my table.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe its 2 of us 3 he doesn't think is any good.

BTW love the extra points for playng at of-peak times idea.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:58 PM

I also would like to support the extra points for off-peak times. Excellent idea.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also would like to support the extra points for off-peak times. Excellent idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this really do Stars any good though?

FWIW I would likely play a little bit in the off-peak timeslot if there was a slight point bump.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

Most of the discussion thus far has centered around what people personally would benefit the most from. Everyone wants to declare themselves and others with similar playing habits as more "valuable" to Stars than any other type of player.

Since Stars already gives the best rewards of any site to its high-volume players, I don't see why more people can't just swallow their pride and allow Stars to reward some lower-volume fish. Tailoring the VIP program even more towards high-volume players isn't going to help the fish count at Stars very much, which should be a major concern to all of us
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM

I didn't read many posts after scotty responded two times ago. That said, I have been keeping up with this thread until that point until I felt that i need to point this out:

1p0kerboy and others are very biased because they are planning on landing in the 500-1MM vpp area. It's in star's best interest to get more people in the 150k-200k area than a handful more people in the 750k+ levels.

Ways to do this:
-offer CASH incentives. This is WAY more effective than freerolls.
-offer smaller milestone/other rewards at 50k intervals over 100k.

People who get to 500k vpp are likely not going to quit playing at stars because their $/fpp decreases. additionally, their additional play is worth less to stars (becuase they are getting more bonuses, multipliers, etc)

So stars goal is to get more people reaching supernova using new incentives. I think cash/$t is a great way to do this. Freerolls aren't that appealing to a lot of big volume players

editted to say that star's best interest is to use cash incentives for everyone, not just super nova. (maybe platinum stars, gold stars, etc) this way lots of small volume players have reasons to play atleast X VPP's/month and stars gets a bigger volume of play from a larger # of players.