Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: NL100: AQ vs unknown

you dont know for sure, have no reads remember. he could be a 90/60 for all we know and be doing this with any flush draw, Ax.. etc
Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont know for sure, have no reads remember. he could be a 90/60 for all we know and be doing this with any flush draw, Ax.. etc

[/ QUOTE ]

see I really dont get this logic. c/r'ing this flop is something I would do against a retard and only a retard who'll stack off w/ any Ace here. most people suck but arent retarded. so I don't get why u cant just play cautiously w/out a read cause I think against most unknowns you're beat here a ton
Old 10-11-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see I really dont get this logic. c/r'ing this flop is something I would do against a retard and only a retard who'll stack off w/ any Ace here. most people suck but arent retarded. so I don't get why u cant just play cautiously w/out a read cause I think against most unknowns you're beat here a ton

[/ QUOTE ]

think its down to personal experience really, only 3 hands are beating us.. we have AQ.. more often than not i feel im ahead in this spot (talking from experience), especially vs an unknown who could be a total donk, good player tilting, etc... just gotta go with your instincts and mine told me i was ahead.. but like someone else said it was just ul that he did infact have one of those 3 hands and had me beat.

Ive seen so many people stack of with Ax/AJ here, or big/combo flush draws therefore I felt getting it in was the best move. Just had to post to see if others thought the same.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. c/c the flop seems pretty standard to me here. Keep your options open, keep weaker Aces in, when you are behind maybe he'll slow down on a scare card or you can even take it away. The whole point of calling preflop was because you weren't sure where you stood vs. an unknown, and now you are suddenly willing to stack off with TP2K with a pot-committing flop c/r?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 PM

yeah thats a pretty good point actually. didnt think of it like that
Old 10-11-2007, 03:09 PM

against a good player this an awesome flop to cr actually.

c/c is default against an unknown imo
Old 10-11-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

plz to be explaining?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

plz to be explaining?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r doesn't rep many legit hands.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 PM

You already said 3-bet pre so I like the flop, it mixes up your play. However, I'm not sure I like the bet on the turn. The 6 paired thus leaving you a king kicker with your two pair. So any random ace has you tied and your looking at a split, drawing dead to anything that beats you.

But I'm not really sure of a good line to take on the turn. Is it standard to get it in and hope, (that doesnt seem very +ev).
Old 10-28-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

plz to be explaining?

[/ QUOTE ]

which part? jay explained the 1st part. 2nd: he's an unknown and we only have 1 pr, i'd like to get a read before i play a big pot with this action. I'm assuming his range is weighter towards hands that beat us if he continues on the flop and the turn. Also, his pf raise size could suggest that he is a tag. A tag isn't felting AJ against an unknown.