Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 AM

Default AJs UTG

No reads on opponent.

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Sfetaz....
Old 10-11-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: AJs UTG

Just bet again and let him call you down.If you get raised reraise.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:38 AM

Bet/reraise for value. He can't call if you don't bet. He can't raise if you don't bet. Hope he has a two pair or something as he'll give you good action. Letting go of lead here as the preflop and flop aggressor might look suspicous to the villain and he might check behind. That'd be a disaster because you probably have a huge equity edge here. Use it for value.

That said, bet/reraise for protection too. Although unlikely, a backdoor opened for hearts. Him cold-calling preflop might mean you split if and A or J falls. He might have a two-pair and board pairing could be bad news.

Be ready to cap turn and river as well if it doesn't pair the broadway cards. Villain could even every once in a while be slowplaying a set here, although unlikely.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM

No sexy unless you are guaranteed that villain likes to bet. But no, no sexy for you.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:21 AM

Bet and hope to 3 ball.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 PM

SPEND STEMPY! SPEND!

Raise and ReRaise the turn, consider slowing it down if a heart or board pairing rears it's head on the river but I would be prone to 3 betting the river unless my read told me not to, then it would be a bet/call.

Rig
Old 10-11-2007, 12:30 PM

folds obviously because you have the nuts. Seriously why would you slow down? now a flush can beat you. silly to even think about checking the turn here.

Its the most obvious oops I have the nuts but you are blind can you bet for me so I can check/raise?

Don't get stupid with trickiness. I love tricky players they cost themselves money all the time and therefore by definition save me money. Sure sometimes they extract more from me but I usually get it back.

Your AA hand is indicative of the same element of thinking on your part.

Its wrong and costly. You trap with sets, everything else you slam.

KISS it don't complicate it.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:52 PM

I am wondering if you are playing these hands like this because of aversion to risk.

I'm still new to all this myself and one thing I find myself constantly fighting is; that even though that probability indicates I am very likely ahead in the hand I do not exploit the edge because that little voice in my head keeps saying... but what if he's holding... or what if such and such card comes on the river... What if my aces get cracked? What if Villan hits the flush? When we think like this we generally tend to play more timidly. Not only does this blow any edge we have in the cards, it will tend to make our villans more willing to engage us because of this timid/passiveness in order to exploit us.

The first thing you should do is find the little guy in your head with the meak voice that is telling you this and beat him unconcious....

Second, you should probably spend some more time reading and understanding the game (just like I need to do)
probably as much as you spend playing, and I would recommend that you do your subject matter studies before you sit down and play so that you can properly misapply what you have learned at the table, until you truly understand the concepts behind them.

Don't think so much about loosing the hand (which is what the 2 hands that you posted indicate to me especially when you have the goods, Yeah you will loose some big pots, but you will win more of them.

Finally, don't worry about "outsmarting your opponents" the majority of them are not even aware of their own hands and what they are doing let alone thinking about what you may have and what you are doing.

Rig