Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Default nl100 TT facing aggression

I've played this villain a few times on nl50, where I had a note that he always went for pot control with any hand that had showdown value, and was kind of easy to exploit. He also never folded to a 3-bet, and almost always folded to the c-bet regardless of flop texture in 3-bet pots.

The first read seemed off this session, as he was way more aggressive than I remembered him to be, but the 3-bet read still seemed accurate (except for once where he called flop and folded river on a AxxKx board.)

He once called me a donk when I didn't 3-bet a fish's UTG open with AK from the button, don't know if he really thinks I am one or not. He's playing TAG.

Effective stacks are 100bb

I raise red TT on button, he calls from SB, everyone else folds.

Flop is 2d 5h 6d (pot ~ $8)
He donks $5, I call

Turn is 6c (pot ~ $18)
He donks $12, I call

River is Js (pot ~ $42)
He fires $35, I am puzzled

I don't know if he knows that turn is a bad card to double barrel on, and river doesn't hit any draw either... time for a hero call? Does anyone raise flop? Turn?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: nl100 TT facing aggression

Raise the flop to 16, I guess if you called the turn, you should call the river but I hate playing this so passive.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Assuming we raise the flop, we fold to 3b right?
If he just calls our raise, do we charge draws on turn or do we want to get to showdown?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 AM

I would probably raise the flop to around 15. He could easily have a flush draw or something like 33/44. If he pushes/ reraises big or calls and donks turn, you have an easy fold.

Important questions - does he lead with a combo draw here, lookinh to 3 bet/bet ai? and does he defend his blinds with something like small suited aces/suited connectors?

As played, I have seen this line: weak flop lead, 2/3 turn bet, big river bet very often when I had TT/JJ/QQ in position and it´s almost always a 6. No draw got there on the river, and unless he bets his busted draws this big, I don´t think you can win this showdown. I´d expect to see something like 67 suited here very often.

If he´s really good and thinks you´re calling down with 77-TT, he might even be valuebetting a missed flush draw that hit a jack on the end, although I doubt that he would bet this bg.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming we raise the flop, we fold to 3b right?
If he just calls our raise, do we charge draws on turn or do we want to get to showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I raise, I'm calling a shove.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 AM

I haven't seen him show down any draw that I can remember, so I really don't know.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 AM

call the river. id also probably raise the flop
Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM

This is one of the biggest leaks I have, I'm really bad at knowing when it's motivated to get all-in with hands like this one. Could you please explain why we want to get all-in on this flop?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the biggest leaks I have, I'm really bad at knowing when it's motivated to get all-in with hands like this one. Could you please explain why we want to get all-in on this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's bet into you on the flop, probably weakness. He'll be shoving draws and possibly lower pairs, so I don't mind calling when he shoves. He can have a set but it's a small part of his range.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 AM

You want to get all in bc you´re ahead of a huge part of his range, ie all smaller pocket pairs other than 2s, 5s and 6s, all flush/combo draws...

The problem is that you probably WONT get all in ahead on this flop unless he has you beat and maybe if its a tossup.

Seriously, raise the flop, fold if he 3bets, fold if he calls and donks the 6, bet 2/3 pot on turn if checked to, definitely check down river on scare cards (ie ace cuz he might have had ahigh flush draw), also check down river if it bricks, you said he´s tight, he´s not calling with a worse hand.

Also, if he´s tight, I don´t see him 3betting 33 and 44 here on the flop or going nuts with pocket 7-9s.