Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Child\'s QQ -v- Yang\'s JJ

[ QUOTE ]
BUt how many people agree with me , if they were at the ME final table that there would be bigger motives, like surviving, and enjoying the experience for a longer time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play scared, you won't win. This was proven when Lee Childs finished in 8th place. He had QQ on the ideal flop: all undercards. How do you not get it all-in on that flop? Bet/folding is just so, so weak. He basically played QQ for set value on that hand. Horrible decision.

I don't think Hilm was busto yet, so he'd move one step up the pay ladder, but would be short stacked as a consequence and it'd be unlikely that he'd get much further. But if he called and doubled up, he would have been the chip leader and in a real good position to win it all.

Lee Childs was not playing to win. He was playing to survive. If he was playing to win, he calls that immediately. If Yang has KK or AA (or hits a flush), tip your hat and say good game.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:40 AM

another point on this: if youre on tv, wouldnt it be more of a reason to call here? if you call and he has you beat, you can say that it was a cooler and no one will fault you for folding. but if you fold and you have him crushed, you are universally know as a giant vaj. it seems like if you were on tv you would be more inclined to play standard poker so you wouldnt get berated by that idiot norm and have a bunch of stupid fish calling you an idiot when something goes wrong. like if you were to limp utg with AA and it didnt get raised and then the blind flops two pair, you know norm and every dumb fish watching is going to be like, "DURR THATS WHY YOU DONT SLOW PLAY ACES!" and ive heard pros comment that maybe they would have folded if it hadnt been on tv, but they didnt want to get bluffed out on tv. so in conclusion, upon further review, lee childs is even more of a gigantic vaj than it may have originally appeared.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:37 AM

I think Childs should have gone all in there. I would have gone all in. When you have pocket Queens and a board doesn't have an ace or king out there you call it. I remember watching it live thinking Childs should have called. I can't blame Yang for going all in there but Childs has to make that call.