Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Theory of Suited Connectors (2-4) - Cross-Post

I am trying to play 2-4 with my TAG style. I can't beat players who play suited connectors until I understand them. Here's what I don't understand. Do they need to play the hand all the way to the river to get their full value? Here's what I'm thinking, please tell me where I'm wrong. I need help.

These people who know how to play them, play from behind. They call a raise pre-flop knowing they are currently behind. They call a flop bet with no pair and no draw, except backdoors and look to pick something up on 4th and 5th streets. When they hit, they hit big for something like 15BB. When they don't hit, they're out at most 2 or 3BB.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Theory of Suited Connectors (2-4) - Cross-Post

If they're playing suited connectors well they're not calling a flop bet with no pair and no draw.
These hands make money at loose passive tables where many people will see a flop for cheap. If you're being aggressive and raising pre and post flop along with other players at the table it makes it difficult to turn a profit with low suited connectors.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:38 PM

so how often do they hit runner runner on you to win these pots?

they spend 2/3 BB to win 12-15 BB. but how often do they win? do they magically hit backdoor draws >20% of the time? do they never call down with 87s on a 7KQ5T board?

everyone goes through this "omg waah people never fold and they keep beating me" phase. the great thing about the internet and these forums is that all of these pointless whine posts are archived. the sad thing about people is that they don't bother looking for the old posts.

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] every single player who has ever given you a bad beat. i am glad that they succeed in making you whine about "how well they know how to play from behind." i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] them all.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:46 PM

That's a good outlook. Thanks.