Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: sooon2b\'s 5x5 + Diet Log

Northern,

The deadlift is a one way lift, you don't lose very much just flat out dropping the weight on near maximal attempts.

soon2b,

Eat more often and eat less.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:05 PM

You can eat infinite veggies without having to worry at all, and you can eat a lot of fruit before it becomes an issue. Nuts can be a problem as already pointed out. I also recommend acquiring a taste for cottage cheese; I just eat it straight out of the tub now without any toppings.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you lower it yes the weights can roll back an inch or two. Yes it's a pain when it hits your shins but think of it as way to deweight between each rep. It's etehr that or stop deadlifting, IMO I will deal with some bruises.

[/ QUOTE ] well when you drop is from the top of the lift it def hits your shins hard and I dont like my shins to always have scabs from getting cut up or even bruises.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:47 PM

hot damn.

I feel pretty awesome today, and I definitely cant remember the last time ive felt this good after my hardest lifting day of the week. Heres what I did today

Bench: 95/115/125/135/145(4)

My bench was the worst lift today. I could not get up the last rep of my last set. My left shoulder felt really weak. My bench definitely needs the most improvement.

Squat: 135/155/175/195/215

This was easily my best lift today. I was explosive. I felt I had very good form squatting today, only 2 or 3 reps werent that great(which isnt too bad for me...)

Barbell Row: 95/105/115/125/135

This was also a good lift for me today. I think I might need to work on my posture a bit, but it really didnt feel all that bad. Next time ill have someone watch me just to be sure.

I know I am not throwing up much weight here, but I am working on it. I havent had a set workout routine since H.S.(3 years ago).

I also did leg lifts(3 sets til failure), bicep curls(25lb 2x8 - weak, I know)

Finished everything off with 8 miles on the bike, random hill setting, fluctuated the level between 10 and 15, burned just over 200 calories.
As far as what ive eaten today

Frosted flakes + skim milk for breakfast

Diet coke + pretzels + peanuts

Half serving of choc mint cyto gainer protein shake(with skim milk) - pre workout

Serving of Endurox R4 PWO shake

I have been drinking water throughout the day and took my packet of GNC Mega Men Sport vitamins.

Ill eat something a bit later, but not sure what exactly yet. Suggestions?

Thanks guys, let me know if I am doing anything wrong...
Old 10-08-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is a joke. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is a joke. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course not... they're grrrrrrreat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 07:45 PM

Congratulations soon2b on your improvments

Don't worry about the weight, your still putting up some good numbers, don;t be discouraged if others are more. Remember leave your ego in the bedroom there's no need for it in the weightroom. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you lower it yes the weights can roll back an inch or two. Yes it's a pain when it hits your shins but think of it as way to deweight between each rep. It's etehr that or stop deadlifting, IMO I will deal with some bruises.

[/ QUOTE ] well when you drop is from the top of the lift it def hits your shins hard and I dont like my shins to always have scabs from getting cut up or even bruises.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, then don't drop from waist height, lower it.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 PM

ok, so today I did day 2 of the 5x5. Today wasnt too bad, but I dont feel amazing like I did monday. I also felt my technique was off on the military presses and the deadlifts...

For squats I did the same as monday for the first 3 sets, and the 4th set was a repeat of the 3rd set. Pretty easy... I think I might need to increase the weight for squats next week more than 2.5%.

For the military press, I did 95, 115, 125, 135. I only was able to get up 3 full reps at 135. I definitely need some work in this area.

For the deadlifts, I used a different bar. I cant remember the name, but it was kind of like a square frame, with 2 handles on each side. One of the guys I was with said you could do them with this bar too, so I did. Because I am a bit of a noob when it comes to deadlifts, I just put a 45 on each side and did 3 sets of 5 like that to work on my technique and such. When I was doing them correctly, I could definately feel it in my legs, but not as much in my back. Maybe my buddy has me doing them wrong? They seemed correct from all the vids ive watched. Not sure though.

I did 35 minutes of cardio on the bike using the random hill setting, and finished off with 3 sets of crunches, leg lifts, and pushups. I also did 2 sets of 8 hammer curls and tricep extensions, as well as bent dumbell rows(i think thats the right name?).

As far as food, I really dont want to talk about it. When I smoke, I smash everything in sight. I really need to stop this. Today I have had my pre and post workout protein shakes, vitamins, sausage egg and cheese sandwich from B.K at 6:30 AM, along with 2 cinnamon buns, and like 20 donut holes(all of this while I was high obv...) Tonight I am going to have some Progresso Minestrone. Probably some cereal with skim milk after I smoke(ill try not to eat a half box of it this time...)

Last night I was doing fine until I smashed 50 pieces of gummy Halloween candy which was like 1.5k calories alone.

So yeah, basically my diet sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Also, 2 of my fraternity brothers are going to start training for a half marathon for the spring, so I think I might try to get into that with them. That should be great as far as getting me leaner.

Thanks for the help so far guys. if you have any questions or comments, or feel like yelling at me about my diet, please do.

Pat
Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Oh, btw, I have better cereals now too. Total, Life, and Cheerios. lol