Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Staking Agreement

Obviously the post makes no sense if everything stated in it is true so the OP is lying or delusional.

If he is lying then he thinks the population of 2P2 is not smart enough to realize this which is kind of insulting.

If he is delusional then he needs to be shocked out of it.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM

funny?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 AM

hilarious
Old 10-10-2007, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the honest response. I maybe should have explained my situation better, as I don't play poker for a living. I have a fulltime job and only play poker as beer/fun money.

I can see where most of the posters are coming from in that this deal isn't really beneficial for me, that's true. I would be playing the stake money occasionally along with my own bankroll money. I was just surprised at how aggressive most of the responses were, I don't really want to start any name-calling. For the few that have played with me, I hope you can at least say that I'm not a donk that spews or goes on megatilt or am a bad player.

Appreciate the response Grande
Old 10-10-2007, 12:58 PM

"I was just surprised at how aggressive most of the responses were"

That's 2+2 for ya - full of testosterone fuelled kiddies I'm afraid. I wouldn't believe a word they say about their win rates or sex lives either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Grande's response is spot on of course - staking cash games is rare at small/medium stakes as generating the required roll out of your own winnings is pretty trivial.

If you have a 5PTBB/100 win rate (including bonus/RB etc) then 50 hours of 400 hands/hr at the $100 tables is going to generate $2000. Put in 100 hours and that should get your roll up to the level needed to play the $200's anyway. Most people's skill level doesn't outrun the stakes they are playing at (often the reverse is true).
If you had to make an unexpected cashout or your funds are tied up for some reason then maybe I can see you getting staked.

Staking can also put stress on friendships if it goes wrong. A friend (who plays $5/10 NL and who I've been discussing strategy with on and off for 3 years or so) offered to stake me this month to play at those stakes(I'm playing $1/2 at the moment and am just about to move up to $2/4) but I siad no thanks and prefer to play $2/4 under my own steam. If I win I will win almost as much. If I lose I will feel guilty as hell and put a stress on my relationship with the staker.