Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Putting your foot in it

Lol! Awkward. That's a good one Tarheel.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:59 AM

hah yeah. needless to say i was VERY nice to her throughout college. she turned out to be such a sweetheart, which made it even worse.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 AM

I'm in Egypt on a peacekeeping mission in 86. Right on the Red Sea. You used to have to pull Company and Battalion runner duty...ans phones sweep floors, etc. My buddy Curtis has Co, I have Battalion. To pass the time, we play chess over the phone, call with move, hang up. About 2AM, I'm tired as hell, I answer the phone and the guy Tells me he has a sheep. I figure its my buddy Curtis screwin around so I play along. I ask him what type of sheep. (He is speaking in an Italian accent BTW) He tells me he has a big sheep. I'm crackin up now. I say, tell me more. He tells me the sheep has guns-Im pissin myself. He tells me the sheep has a da guns and isa in the Red Sea-I swear to God I'm cryin now-picturing a sheep with a gun holster swimmin in the Red Sea. This goes on for like 3 minutes- then the guy says he is with CPU. CPU is the Coastal Patrol Unit manned by the Italians, the radios to the TOC(Tactical Ops Ctr) were out, he called HQ to report. After I empty my bladder I run to the TOC and tell the OIC(Officer in Charge) Crazy
Old 10-10-2007, 09:40 AM

I was at a software conference in DC where I ran into an old colleague from another company. We chatted while waiting at the registration table. They didn't have this guy's registration info so I suggested that he should call our old boss and stick him with the bill. I then asked him how the old boss was doing and how things at the old firm were going. My colleague gave me a confused look.

"You do realize that I've been working at the same plant as you [at my new firm] for the past four months, and that we've been on the same project for six weeks, right?"

Doh.

Names confound the heck out of me. One week ago tonight I was at a political fundraiser. A familiar looking fellow approached, called me by name, asked after my wife by name, and I could not for the life of me recall who the [censored] he was. Another acquaintance approached the two of us, and I couldn't remember his name either. After an agonizing two minutes I excused myself by saying, "I'm sorry, gents, The Warden is giving me the eye." I'm an ass.