Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Can someone please help me explain why I lose all the time?

[ QUOTE ]
Risk of ruin calculations assume that you don't move up or down. If you move up constantly like the OP (and never down), your risk of ruin is much higher than the calculation says.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point. I hadn't paid enough attention to the OP's move from NL $200 to NL $400.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 PM

havn't read all the posts so forgive me if i am repeating but if this......"Im so pissed right now, I should just kill myself I think." ever enters your mind while losing at poker you shouldn't be playing. Not just becuase it is obviousuly a scary statement but it screams "I don't have the emotional control to ever be a good player." Most people that win (and thats not me by the way)will tell you stories about great technical or knowledgable players who lose becuase they can't control their emotions, or they get drunk or do coke, etc. and the "t" word......you can even see this with world class players.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people that win (and thats not me by the way)will tell you stories about great technical or knowledgable players who lose becuase they can't control their emotions, or they get drunk or do coke, etc. and the "t" word......you can even see this with world class players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike "The Mouth" Matusow is the first person that comes to my mind. Great player who goes on tilt way too much.

I think learning to control emotions is important. Tilt has no positive effect on your game. I've learned to quit when I get mad. Or if I'm playing live, I'll play tighter so I can have a few extra hands to regroup. Learning the technical aspect of the game is most important. But don't under-estimate the importance of self control.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:50 AM

Best advice for you would be to play at lower stakes as a lot of posters have suggested, and my suggestion would be for you to buy and read Your worst poker ennemy by Dr'Al, it's REALLY worth it if you have emotional problems at the table.