Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: TT in small blind with lotsa limpers

Fair enough, but with this flop your pot equity hasn't gone up at all...it's still about 19%. If a safe card comes on the turn, then equity goes up to about...well, only 30% or so, a bit more if someone drops out of the pot. My initial thought that was you'd trade off your equity advantage on the flop for a larger equity advantage on the turn where you can probably checkraise and make everyone pay off two big bets.

But it's looking more like the advantage on the turn isn't that much greater so you might as well push whatever you have on the flop, anyway.

Although, if even one player has folded, if a safe card comes on the turn, our equity is about 35%.

So it's not that I'd want to just play weak-tight, but I'd want to try for the larger equity edge on the turn. Am I right in concluding that this is a situation where I should push the thin value edge with a raise on the flop rather than risking not pushing that edge for the chance of a greater edge on the turn because the turn edge won't be that great?