Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Homegame short on money at cashout

Just keep a list of names of the players in you computer. Print it out before each game and then check off the names as they pay.

As to your friend, just mention before you start the next game that you were short a buy-in last time and ask if anyone remembers that they didn't pay. If no one steps up, then swallow the loss - as banker, you are responsible to see the bank is right. Are you sure you aren't the one who didn't put the money in the pot to begin with? It's easy to skip it when you are busy with everyone else's money and chips.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:46 AM

As cashier, it is entirely your responsibility to swallow any losses when this happens.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As cashier, it is entirely your responsibility to swallow any losses when this happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know and I did. I just thought since we're all friends, he should pay what he ows anyway (I wouldn't want to keep my friend's money if it wasn't rightfully mine)
Old 10-07-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know and I did. I just thought since we're all friends, he should pay what he ows anyway (I wouldn't want to keep my friend's money if it wasn't rightfully mine)

[/ QUOTE ]

Its too late to remember after the fact who might of been short. Make sure you collect the money before handing out the chips. All the players new the pot was short, nobody said anything so eat the $40 yourself, its the proper thing to do. You should not have texted your friend.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:39 PM

I don't think it's out of line to ask around if somebody forgot a buyin, but if nobody steps up, just swallow it.

In the future, only one person handles the money/chip exchange. I like to fold it over and keep it in my back pocket.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:28 AM

Gelin1,

In the future, if you wish to avoid any issues with friendship, I suggest you ask everybody and make it known that you doing so. Also , make it clear you are not targeting or suspecting anybody - while suggesting it's could be your own error. Even if you think it's just a formality and are 99.9% sure that the others did give their buy-in, this is the best way to avoid offending anybody.

Good luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:10 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice. In future games, If nothing else, I will make damn sure everyone pays before I give any chips out.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Ah, the woes of home banking.

Friends like these, huh Dude?