Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 03:53 PM

Default NL100$ : Caught

No reads on villain. QTo isn't in my normal 3betting range, should it be? Is there any viable option other than folding, even with the odds he's giving?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $105.50
Hero (BB): $198.20

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, SB calls $7

Flop: ($20) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $37</font>, Hero folds

Results: $52 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $51.50 (+$25.50 NET)
Old 10-09-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: NL100$ : Caught

no reads on villain = qto should probably not be in your 3-betting range. it's not terrible or anything though.

as played i'd curse and fold. you have 4 totally clean outs, but that's probably about it. if you reallllllly wanted to make the whole hand full of FPS you could shove here, but i'd be really afraid villain would just call with a better no-pair hand at that point.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM

It depends what kind of player you're playing. If he's raising the button insanely light I like to 3-bet a huge range of hands. If you're playing a standard villian who's going to be raising light, but folding to 3-bets without a decent hand or odds, then QTo should definitley NOT be in your 3-betting range.

Maybe this is weak, but I tend to c-bet a tad bit smaller than that. It also might be one of the flops I don't c-bet. This is an extremely dangerous flop vs a flat caller on a 3-bet. I C-bet about 97% of the time HU. The 3% are hands like this.

Fold is the only option here IMO, no reason to go chasing gutshots here, and your Q more than likely is no good. I HATE shoving here because the villian's range crushes this flop and he's probably not folding a hand like J9 or JT here, or even a flush draw.

Completely readless OOP, I'm either flat calling or folding pre-flop here.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:08 PM

On second thought, not c-betting here is probably pretty weak. What are you doing 3-betting OOP with QTo vs a readless villian? Usually I don't like playing big pots OOP in the beginning of a match ever, but that's just me.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On second thought, not c-betting here is probably pretty weak. What are you doing 3-betting OOP with QTo vs a readless villian? Usually I don't like playing big pots OOP in the beginning of a match ever, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't remember why I 3bet ... vacuuming my PTDB now so can't double check ...

What do you guys make of his ~minraise ... he wants to give illusion of fold equity so I'll shove over his monster? Or he wants to see if I'm FOS cheaply?

Edit: Looking at stacks now I can add a bit of history / read ... this was soon after I stacked him with KK ... I 3bet that, he called ... flop is 9cTc4h ... he check calls my Cbet ... turn is another 9, he checks, I bet ~2/3ish &amp; he shoves with QTo ...
Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM

I don't 3 bet Q/10off, but I think you played it okay. Sometimes I get stupid and c/r all in on that flop though.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:43 PM

in general i'd say his raise is a nuts(a j or better)-or-air type of thing - i doubt he's making that play with a flush draw or anything like that.