Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $14.45
BTN: $21.40
SB: $30.55
BB: $13.75
UTG: $16
Hero (MP): $26.55

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.65, BB folds

Flop: ($1.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.50</font>, Hero calls $4.25

Turn: ($12.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $22.50</font>, Hero?

SB has been very LAGish. I only have 36 hands, but his VPIP is 47.22% and his PFR is 27.88%.

In addition, I just played back at him when he raised my blind for the third time in a row. I reraised him preflop and bet big on a 9 hi flop and he folded.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 25 NL Overpair vs SB LAG

My first post here so hi all :-)

If he had a big overpair TT-AA i think he would have raised you preflop. I would guess either a small pair or a suited connector.

You look very beat here, his c/r on the flop would indicate a set/two pair or a monster draw. After the turn 9 you are definitly beat i think, if he didnt have a set/two pair already he probably made his straight so i would fold, nothing you can beat here.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 PM

More info on any hands that you've seen get to showdown would be helpful.

I've seen these kind of players willing to put their whole stack on any pair, any draw, etc.

But these same players ALWAYS overbet their monsters because people will call them.

As played, i probably fold.

I think your real decision was on the flop. Either get the money in then or fold. (lag or not, a CR is often a show of real strength) You don't want to just call his cr because every club and most non-face cards are scare cards for you.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:31 PM

this is the only hand he showed down
Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

BB: $14.75
UTG: $31.75
CO: $15
BTN: $17.20
Hero (SB): $26.60

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25

River: ($5.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks

Results: $5.60 Pot ($0.25 Rake)
BB showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Sevens and Fives) and WON $5.35 (+$2.60 NET)
UTG mucked 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$2.75 NET)

He pretty much ran the table over and didn't have to go to a showdown.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:38 PM

His line here just seems very strong to me. I would fold.

I agree with Kurto that the real decision is the flop. I was going to try and add something about the flop play but I would basically be restating everything that he said.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More info on any hands that you've seen get to showdown would be helpful.

I've seen these kind of players willing to put their whole stack on any pair, any draw, etc.

But these same players ALWAYS overbet their monsters because people will call them.

As played, i probably fold.

I think your real decision was on the flop. Either get the money in then or fold. (lag or not, a CR is often a show of real strength) You don't want to just call his cr because every club and most non-face cards are scare cards for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great analysis here...I hate to put someone on a specific hand but J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] just made the nuts with a redraw to a flush. His check raise on the flop could mean a draw or a set. His turn bet suggests he clearly has you beaten. LAGtard or not, I think you have to fold. It's not worth it to look him up only to see you were wrong.

AC
Old 10-09-2007, 04:41 PM

But if you fold the turn, shouldn't you fold the flop than? Or do we call to spike a set? Cause seriously, like he's ever going to slow down on the turn after check/raising.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the only hand he showed down
Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

BB: $14.75
UTG: $31.75
CO: $15
BTN: $17.20
Hero (SB): $26.60

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25

River: ($5.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks

Results: $5.60 Pot ($0.25 Rake)
BB showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Sevens and Fives) and WON $5.35 (+$2.60 NET)
UTG mucked 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$2.75 NET)

He pretty much ran the table over and didn't have to go to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see these idiots every night. Note he called down 2 streets with bottom pair. If the river brought another 4, he would often CR huge or just overbet hoping you want to look him up.

These players can be frustrating because you will have a lot of river suckouts where they bet and you have to call because of their range, and you'll see that they hit a 5 outer on the turn.

That being said, you can value bet them to death. And, if you have a real monster and they have position... you can induce them to bluff big.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

I called on the flop to see what he does on the turn. Probably a big leak of mine. I could not put him on a hand so I didn't want to move in after he check-raised and have him call me and show 84. I guess I should have folded to the CR, but I really had no idea of what he had and I couldn't do it.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called on the flop to see what he does on the turn. Probably a big leak of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see comments like this a lot I definately think its a big leak in a lot of players. If you fold the flop he might have bluffed you out of $2 but if you call and fold the turn you would have lost $6.25.

I don't know whether he is bluffing or not but one thing is certain he is ALWAYS betting the turn. Calling $4.25 just to find out is bad.