Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Reinventing ESPN Coverage of Main Event

I go back to my post earlier here where I wrote that showing much less of the early rounds and more of the later ones would be good. Does anyone here really think that the last couple of weeks haven't been more exciting than the first few? There is so much more on the line for the players once the money starts to get big. Personally, I don't care to ever see the first 2 days unless ESPN were to show every hand played (and they won't ever do that).
Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 PM

ESPN is the network that has given us Lou Holtz as a football analyst.

Norm and Lon are about on par with him as far as poker is concerned.

This is the first WSOP ME in awhile I find completely boring to watch. The coverage is simply dull and terrible.

They show all in preflops, a few completely uninteresting hands played by "name" players, a bunch of interviews with random folks, a ton of commercials, show over. Every episode looks the same, I have no sense of progression of the tournament and no real sense of what is going on.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Whoever is producing these shows is 'interview-happy'. There are just WAY too many. It breaks up the flow of the episode terribly. They are so cheesy too. The camera making these dramatics pans over some random slob sitting in the chair as we hear his hard luck story. The WSOP sure must be a depressing place to be when you're surrounded by all these miserable people, eh?