Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 03:15 PM

Default 25NL - c/r this river?

Villain is Mr-Stickman, I think I've seen him before and some of you might recognize him. The hand previous I raised the button w/AQo and he threebet small from the SB, I called and folded a J99 two-tone flop. I am slightly shortstacked because of this. That is the only history we have. SB calls too much PF and seems to have donkish tendencies. Button is a bit tighter but is still donkish.

Villain (Button) ($24.10)
Hero (CO) ($22.15)
SB ($25.00)

Folds to me, I pot from the CO w 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet $1.95, button calls quick and SB folds.

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, button checks behind pretty quick.

River A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain thinks for a bit and bets $2.95. C/R, lead, or just call this bet? Is folding an option?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: 25NL - c/r this river?

raise it to ~10 or so, maybe a little more (whatever you think he'd call). I would say folding is not an option and if you happen to get beat flush over flush then chalk it up to variance.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:46 PM

really in these situations you are not checking the river to try and c/r you are checking to try to induce a bluff.

therefore there is no value in raising a bluff as you will lose money in the long run because the bluffs fold and the overflushes call/reraise.

so no I don't c/r this river

a couple other notes:

reload (obv)
and don't cbet PSB, 1.25 will do
Old 10-09-2007, 03:52 PM

I think I b/c this river. Leading out puts us in a better position, because imo this is a hand we want to get shown down. If we go for the c/r;
1. he could check behind, and we lose value from hands that would have called our river bet
2. what do we do if we c/r, and he shoves? I can't say that folding a flush with a 3flush on the board is usually the correct play, but what hand would he b/3b with that doesn't beat ours given his previous play? Q 10? Don't think so. Not a set, either. Qs10s; Js10s; QsJs? Makes a lot more sense given that flop/turn.

When you think about c/raising river, what kind of hands would he flat call a flop with, but then check that turn?