Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Best education if I want to become a financial/investment analyst?

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've had my hands full with moving and studying. Trying to get contacts within the industry sounds like a very solid advice no matter what field you're talking about. I'll do my best this year so that I can choose one of the programs at this school next year, if I want to. At the same time I'll keep my eyes and ears open to other opportunities. I'm gonna look up when and where I can do the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), seems to be one of the major English tests for foreign students. Will probably help both if I decide to study an entire program, or just an abroad year or less, and when looking for jobs in English speaking firms.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:24 PM

I googled around a little bit yesterday for "financial mathematics" and I found some results. I had a look at a couple of universities in the US that had master programs in financial mathematics. I'm thinking that I might be able to do my bachelor here in Sweden and then do my master in the US at a bigger more well known school to increase my chances of getting a job at one of the bigger companies. I'm not sure how difficult or easy it will be to get into a good American university if I do my bachelor here, though. I will look into it further and have a talk with the guides at my school.

How hard is it really to get into one of the biggest/best American universities, say top ten, to study something like financial mathematics?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:49 PM

School of Hard Knocks ftw
(sorry, couldn't help myself)