Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: 2007PBWC NLH FinalTable - Bot mistake? or misfortune?

[ QUOTE ]
Well to be a good player and not be able to be profiled, yes, every decision needs to be calculated but random. You should have a reason for doing something but no one else should be able to figure out what you have by your actions. My min-raise at the time had a specific meaning, and if the same situation came up, depending on who I am playing I will play that differently every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked with Asbak this evening. He's apparently found the line of code that pushed. He plans to post with an explanation I think; but it looks as if you made the only possible play that would cause the bot to go blue.

RIIT
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 PM

NOTE: This is my first 2+2 post, please go easy on this newbie!

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread. It has been both interesting and informative.

As the journey in programming, testing, and remodeling goes; there is always something one can tweak or improve. Of course the nature of poker will always come into play.

One certainty.... I plan to attend the PBWC next year with improved code, to compete harder and hopefully bring home a ring to solder into my laptop.

In the context of this discussion, and among speculation of why my code made the move it did, I can offer this to the discussion.

BR 1 :: AsbakAlpha HAND 9d As
Decision :: 9A in a list of bluffable / stealable hands
Action :: Stated Wager RAISE 6

Guaran RAISE 10

Bot thinks hmmm, this is a pretty weak raise. Let's check the code I used....

[betting round ==1 && did swag?(true) && call < currentbet]

This is a part of my Pre Flop Odds ALL-IN function. It's intent was to steal, notwithstanding that Guaran was holding KK.

Turns out the KK combo held. Last night I was playing, had KK and lost to a ATo combo. That's poker.

I agree with others in this thread that it would have probably been more appropriate to re-raise than the action that was taken.

I'll have to fiddle with the code, run 100k hands and see what results I get.

Looking forward to your replies.

Best Regards,

Asbak
Old 10-09-2007, 12:30 PM

Asbak,

So that line of code triggered because Guaran min-raised. If Guaran had bumped 3 bets instead of 2, do you think there was any other code in the bot that would have triggered the push?

RIIT
Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 PM

If Guaran would have 3 bet, Alpha would have folded.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:15 AM

I dont know how this thread got above 5 replys....shoving A9o 500bb deep is stupid. Shoving anything 500bb deep is stupid. If youd like, i can pose this question to ssnl since this is basically a cash-game hand.

Also, i found this pretty funny.

[ QUOTE ]

Asbak, (the bot owner), said that his bot was primed for regular SNG play and so at 3 handed it believed it was ITM and is coded for increased aggression at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why program your bot for top 3 payouts when its winner take all?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know how this thread got above 5 replys....shoving A9o 500bb deep is stupid. Shoving anything 500bb deep is stupid. If youd like, i can pose this question to ssnl since this is basically a cash-game hand.

[ QUOTE ]

Asbak, (the bot owner), said that his bot was primed for regular SNG play and so at 3 handed it believed it was ITM and is coded for increased aggression at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was an instance of a profitable SNG bot entered as is (without changes). Also, the bot must have done something right; it did make 2 final tables.

RIIT
Old 10-10-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was an instance of a profitable SNG bot entered as is (without changes). Also, the bot must have done something right; it did make 2 final tables.

RIIT

[/ QUOTE ]

It made 2 final tables at what appears to be the Special Olympics of Poker.

There's a serious flaw in the bot if it's not using stack depth as a parameter anywhere, which it obviously isn't if it's shoving 450 BB. The endgame of a low buy-in SNG won't ever be anywhere close to that deep, and it's almost always shallow enough to allow easily-profitable push/fold strategies.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM

If anyone is even remotely interested , very similar events are replayed every night at 5pmEST , you will need the client (ppro) to observe , if you want to chat/play you will need a registered name (a bit of searching in the correct place will lead you to the details).

I am trying to persued others to pass on the PDS deal instruction to the server , this will enable all cards to be dealt face up and will give you a measure of an online pokerbots performance.