Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Just got SNGPT - how do I use it to its full potential?

Hey guys,

Just got sngpt. I know how to do basic functions in SNGPT, however I am having a hard time figuring how to use it to its potential.

How do you guys incorporate SNGPT into your review sessions?
Do you review hand after hand and write down notes/situations?
Do you review after each session, or at the end of the day/week/month?
When you see a leak in your game, how do you go about fixing it after? Do you use sticky note? Write it down on a log?

Basically, I am reviewing hands and seeing leaks but there is just so many different hands and situations that I am having a hard time putting it all together and figuring out the best way to fix those leaks.

Please provide some ideas as to how you use SNGPT to improve your game.

Also:

1. If you are unsure between 2 types of calling ranges, is it better to stick to the looser range or the tighter range?

2. For pushes where the EV is marginally positive. Does one err on the side of caution and fold? Or should I just push them regardless?

- thx!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Just got SNGPT - how do I use it to its full potential?

7_toolz,

its late and your questions require somewhat detailed replies, but I can tell you that the key to success with sngpt is a) reading and rereading the tutorial and b) futzing with it alot. really understand the factors that influence decisions. yes, its important to read hands and players to assign approrpaite ranges, but you should also be screwing with stack sizes, ranges, bubble vs non bubble, edges etc... What makes this AK call but AQ a fold? what range can he call with when i shove this range? what about when we flip stack sizes? what happens when i create this insane short stack situation? etc etc

all of this will really help you to understand the way the program works and the game implications that you need to think about while playing. hope this help, gl. again, tutorial is a must.

Also, I copy and paste troublesome hands in notepad during my play and take them to sngpt at my earliest convenience. sometimes right after, sometimes later that day, sometimes the next day, sometimes I forget, sometimes I just ask a couple of good players and dont run it because im a slacker, etc....