Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: $5 NL 6-Max: I have to call this right?

playing against short stacks is much harder. If you can play your A game you want money on the table....how many hands is a ton dave? THis level is for teaching you how to play, it requires you to have solid fundamentals and its a good way to learn to multitable. You really like calling open shoves on flops from short stacks?????
Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM

make your standard cbet on this flop, should be somewhere between 2/3-full pot depending upon villain and flop texture. in this instance i think 3/4 pot is perfect.

check behind on the turn because at that point pot control>>>than protecting your hand from the FD.

i think you have to make the river call getting like 5:1 on your money. because you checked the turn and the FD did not come in, there is a very good chance villain is betting with a hand worse than yours.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
playing against short stacks is much harder. If you can play your A game you want money on the table....how many hands is a ton dave? THis level is for teaching you how to play, it requires you to have solid fundamentals and its a good way to learn to multitable. You really like calling open shoves on flops from short stacks?????

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no 'A Game' here. The folks who play here are just learning the game. You can't use L3 thinking against people who haven't mastered L1 yet. They hardly know the value of their own hands, let alone what your bet means.

When playing these stakes you aren't facing people who think in terms of BB/hr, they are thinking "WTH, its only .06 to call".

FPS at $5NL is just going to frustrate you. Play as long as it takes to get used to bad beats, long enough to learn to NEVER play under the influence of alcohol or drugs, to learn to focus on the game without playing solitaire in the background. That is what you do here.

Would you prefer calling open shoves for a full buyin? Call the shove of .63 with KK and learn to live with J4 offsuit beating you. When you can do that without tilting you are ready to move up to where a good percentage of folks are thinking about the game.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no 'A Game' here. The folks who play here are just learning the game. You can't use L3 thinking against people who haven't mastered L1 yet. They hardly know the value of their own hands, let alone what your bet means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing A game doesn't mean multi-level thinking. It means playing the best style appropriate for the conditions.

Your advice is horrible, the better you play your game, the more you want to play against deepstacks.

The more expensive mistakes are made postflop. Bad players with big stacks is a dream.

Your advice is horrible and shows you need to work on your game.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
make your standard cbet on this flop, should be somewhere between 2/3-full pot depending upon villain and flop texture. in this instance i think 3/4 pot is perfect.

check behind on the turn because at that point pot control>>>than protecting your hand from the FD.

i think you have to make the river call getting like 5:1 on your money. because you checked the turn and the FD did not come in , there is a very good chance villain is betting with a hand worse than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

The FD did come in and it paired the over.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When playing these stakes you aren't facing people who think in terms of BB/hr, they are thinking "WTH, its only .06 to call".

FPS at $5NL is just going to frustrate you. Play as long as it takes to get used to bad beats, long enough to learn to NEVER play under the influence of alcohol or drugs, to learn to focus on the game without playing solitaire in the background. That is what you do here.

Would you prefer calling open shoves for a full buyin? Call the shove of .63 with KK and learn to live with J4 offsuit beating you. When you can do that without tilting you are ready to move up to where a good percentage of folks are thinking about the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at this post. I would much rather be calling a full stack of $5 with KK then .63. Please get your money in with J4 I would love it. You have no idea what you are talking about and should just stop posting.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are giving out disgustingly wrong advice in a forum designated for new and microstakes players. This is not a matter of opinion. You are embarrassing yourself, so stop spewing this crap.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
playing against short stacks is much harder. If you can play your A game you want money on the table....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I play my A game all the time, but this is precisely why I like alot of money at the tables I sit in. My C game is better than the majority of players at this level, no matter the size of their stacks.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 PM

bet 0.50 on flop, as played fold. if You're sure he has a flush draw You can double barrel turn (people do play draws quickly - he calls right away?), but when You bet 1/2 pot he can have a weak king also. You are 99.99% behind on river.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Bet more on the flop. As played, I think a call on the river is OK against a lot of bad villains. If you win 20% of the time, it's +EV. Some villains are betting thin or bluffing river more than 20% of the time because you checked the turn. Really read dependent (or maybe I'm just a showdown monkey).