Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: JJ get minraised on a ragged board

3-bet and get it in given image.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 PM

do you really think we can get it in good? If thats the case OP probably wouldn't have asked the question...

The question is about getting max value from 77-TT and not getting stacked by the set. By 3 betting and shoving turn we fail to achieve either!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The question is about getting max value from 77-TT and not getting stacked by the set. By 3 betting and shoving turn we fail to achieve either!

[/ QUOTE ]
How are you supposed to achieve both? Given hero's image we're not folding this hand, I don't think anyone should fold it on the flop but maybe calling and getting away from it later could be an option for a nitty player.

We like to 3-bet the flop vs TT-77 because if we just call half the deck will kill our action. With a super laggy image villain won't fold these on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
do you really think we can get it in good? If thats the case OP probably wouldn't have asked the question...

[/ QUOTE ]
This is assuming too much. If OP knew how to play the hand he wouldn't ask the question. He posted the question because he's not sure...
Old 10-08-2007, 07:09 PM

stack
a
donk
(on a non bad card)
Old 10-08-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stack
a
donk
(on a non bad card)

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't it a big problem that there's plenty of bad cards for hero's hand and even more for villain's probable hand?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:40 PM

get it in on the flop imo, hes less likely to call a shove on the turn with a worse hand if a scare card falls, tbh not really sure what we call a scare card in this situation, but principle still applies
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How are you supposed to achieve both? Given hero's image we're not folding this hand, I don't think anyone should fold it on the flop but maybe calling and getting away from it later could be an option for a nitty player.

We like to 3-bet the flop vs TT-77 because if we just call half the deck will kill our action. With a super laggy image villain won't fold these on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok you think 88 is gonna call a flop 3bet? Is our image that laggy?

Thats why I would advocate a small flop 3bet. not exactly min3bet but something less than pot for certain...

He'll call that, then we make a 1/2 turn bet. He raises the turn be we have an easy laydown, he calls the turnbet we have a river shove for value. I honestly think thats far better than 3betting pot and shoving turn.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok you think 88 is gonna call a flop 3bet? Is our image that laggy?

Thats why I would advocate a small flop 3bet. not exactly min3bet but something less than pot for certain...

He'll call that, then we make a 1/2 turn bet. He raises the turn be we have an easy laydown, he calls the turnbet we have a river shove for value. I honestly think thats far better than 3betting pot and shoving turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone's advocatin 3-betting pot, that would be 95. I think making it 70 is good. That would leave a 116 push into 154 on the turn which seems perfect.

Let's say you rr to 60 (52 is min), you bet 67 on the turn (1/2 pot) if he push you have 60ish left getting more than 5:1 on a call with an op and now you fold? That's not a good line with an op. Esp given hero's very LAG image.

Imo we should aim to get the money in as fast as possible before the board gets scary for villain. Calling and crai might be fine if we think villain is on a pure bluff often enough. But i prefer 3-betting the flop.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:43 AM

Default RESULTS

Thanks guys!

Yea, my image was pretty [censored] up, like 40/30. I 3-bet. He pushed the rest in. I was getting over 2-1 so I called. Obv. he had a set.

Edit: Not to be result-oriented but I think I like just calling now and c/r turn AI if scare card doesnt come (ála Bobbo)