Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: eh can i maybe call this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly certain this was vs me but I can't find the HH in poker tracker. Villain = luvthewnba?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

what site was this on? i'm really pretty sure it was me based on both the 75s 5bet and this hand. i distinctly remember playing both hands.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:12 PM

no ike not you - although we did get it in my ak v your 88 last night at 25 50 on ftp!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:16 PM

and to everyone saying cr turn ai - that is certainly kind of standard and something i was considering when i saw the turn card, but his bet size made me rethink - even with the benefit of hindsight i think ck call is better - would be happy to listen to an argument otherwise, but i just feel like he's not bet folding the turn unless he has air - which means i should call pretty much any river (?) - again happy to hear counterarguments cause i can certainly be missing something.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:43 PM

naaaaaaah c/c turn is good. im super tempted to call these all the time and its prob right in a lot of spots. no idea if it is in this spot tho as i wasnt there to see exactly how much he was hellbent on winning every pot and how much guts he had, but its probably a fold since it most often is.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 PM

Why would we CRAI turn? Isn't his range pretty polarized to something huge or something airish? We also have 9 outs that he probably isn't going to suspect. I guess if a blank hits and he's capable of bluffing us off the river, we're screwed, but if that's the case, he'll be bluffing into our flush/straight as well, right? (or is pot so big and our hand has so much equity that we should just try and take it down now as opposed to getting bluffed out?)
Old 10-08-2007, 06:39 PM

think this is a straight forward call. you reraised him preflop, hit top two pair, and underrepresented your hand the whole way. don't think a fold can even be considered really.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think this is a straight forward call. you reraised him preflop, hit top two pair, and underrepresented your hand the whole way. don't think a fold can even be considered really.

[/ QUOTE ]

bruiser, your reading skills leave a little to be desired.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:58 PM

man the only thing stopping me from snap calling this is that flop bet.
alot of the time when someone does that in 3 bet pots they are trying to induce...however that is usually coming from the PFR...i haven't seen it done from the preflop caller so not exactly sure what this means.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man the only thing stopping me from snap calling this is that flop bet.
alot of the time when someone does that in 3 bet pots they are trying to induce...however that is usually coming from the PFR...i haven't seen it done from the preflop caller so not exactly sure what this means.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do it alot when pfr checks to me so I can setup a big 2nd barrel, since their hand looks like it's PCing, so I can get them to commit a tiny bit on the flop with no intention of seeing a river. HOWEVER, ocne they've more or less made their committment decision on the turn, I give up on the river. It looks like he actually hit his hand (w.e he was messing around with) or he had a good hand from the start (AQ+) and is clear value shoving.

Basically, LA is rarely ahead sine it would involve villain bluffing from the start w/ the small bet, big bet, all in line, which isnt used too often on thsi board.

i mean.. im a payoff station and i cant justify calling here, so..
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 PM

a turn cr allin seems pretty bad against this guy. the only benefits are if he's bet/folding A3/KQ (seems retarded and unlikely) or happens to have exactly 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]/straightflush draw and will call it off (and not bluff the river if he misses)

c/c turn + c/c all rivers gotta be better than turn cr allin