Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 03:44 AM

Default How do guys deal with click/timingtells?

How do guys deal with click/timingtells? I have a lot of problems with it. What I need is a bettimer, anyone has a bettimer? How do you guys deal with it...
Old 10-07-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: How do guys deal with click/timingtells?

[ QUOTE ]
How do guys deal with click/timingtells? I have a lot of problems with it. What I need is a bettimer, anyone has a bettimer? How do you guys deal with it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically ignore them. I don't feel they are very reliable since most people multitable plus a decision would have to be VERY close before a timing tell is going to get me to play differently.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:36 AM

The only one I ever really employ, is that some players seem to always take a long time, if they have a monster hand. Once I notice that, I might be more apt to fold, but I also might just shut down for the hand.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 AM

getting better at poker > worrying about timing tells

search is your friend... eg -Re +timing +tells

yourwelcome
Old 10-08-2007, 01:16 PM

I also ignore others timing, but I can't ignore my own. I feel that others can tell a lot based on my timing. I have a lot of problems with it. Right now in certain situations I wait 5 seconds before I click and all that stuff...so I need a bettimer. Something like this..

http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/BetTimer

only better. I need a bettimer for Stars and Ipoker. Anyone here can help? In the software forum they totally ignored me.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore delays in action for the reasons people already mentioned. Do pay attention to instant raises, indicating that the "raise any" has been checked. This does usually indicate a strong hand.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

I don't know about how others think, but most of your opponents are multitabling, and in my mind, most actions that are taken when multitabling, happen regardless of speed. After the preflop action, and the flop occurs, I usually play the rest of the hand on a script that I have selected, based on what I think is going on. The time that is takes me to actually click on the bet/fold/raise is probably the biggest difference in my timing. That time, is probably more determined by what is going on on my other hands, and what is going on with the internet, and my computer than is what is going on on this particular hand.

For the most part, I usually just ignore timing tells, unless, as I already mentioned, my opponent has demonstrated a particular pattern.